Five people were rushed to the hospital, two with life-threatening injuries, following a multiple-vehicle crash along U.S. Highway 183 on Thursday morning.
Details of the South Travis County Crash
According to KXAN, the crash occurred around 7:05 am on U.S. 183 near Maha Loop Road north of the SH 45 and SH 130 interchange.
The crash involved three vehicles and five people, all of whom were hospitalized.
A teenager was flown to Dell Seton Medical Center with life-threatening injuries. Two adults were taken to St. David’s South Austin Medical Center via ambulance. One of the adults suffered life-threatening injuries and the other suffered serious injuries.
Two young children were also injured and transported to Dell Children’s Hospital.
The cause of the crash remains under investigation and the identities of those involved have not been released. It is unclear if anyone will be charged or cited in the crash.
Texas Car Crash Statistics
The following information was provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- 3,623 people were killed in crashes on Texas roadways in 2019. This marked a slight decrease from the 3,656 deaths reported in 2018.
- 67% of those fatalities occurred in rural areas of the state, totaling 1,672 deaths.
- An additional 256,797 people were injured in crashes in Texas with 15,855 people sustaining serious injuries.
- Based on crash data for 2019:
- A traffic death occurred in Texas every 2 hours and 25 minutes.
- A traffic injury occurred every 2 minutes and 3 seconds.
- A reportable crash occurred every 56 seconds.
Speak with an Experienced Austin Car Accident Attorney at Thomas J. Henry Law
If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident in or around Austin, call Thomas J. Henry Law to speak with a licensed auto accident attorney. We have represented clients across Texas for nearly 30 years and have built a reputation for securing favorable and record-breaking results for injured victims.
Our Austin car accident attorneys are available 24/7 to assist you. We offer free case consultations and work on a contingency fee basis. This means you do not pay our firm anything unless and until we win your case.