7 Hospitalized, 2 Critically, in Crash on Bandera Road
At least seven people were hospitalized, two in critical condition, following a major collision on San Antonio’s Northwest Side.
Police Investigating Major San Antonio Collision
FOX 29 reports the crash happened on Bandera Road and Sherill Brook Drive around 3:50 pm Sunday afternoon.
Early reports indicate a Chevrolet truck was driving southbound on Bandera Road in the middle lane when it crashed into a Ford Expedition pulling out of a private property. Seven of the eight people inside the Expedition were hospitalized, including two children who sustained life-threatening injuries.
At least two occupants of the Expedition, a child and an adult, were ejected from the vehicle. A second child was pulled from the back of the Expedition by a person who witnessed the accident
The driver of the truck was not injured in the collision.
Texas Car Accident Statistics 2018
Information provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- There were 12,161 serious injury crashes in Texas in 2018 with 14,908 people sustaining a serious injury.
- There were 701 people killed in crashes occurring in intersections or related to an intersection.
- There were 548 people killed in head-on crashes in 2018.
- There were no deathless days on Texas roadways in 2018.
- There were 940 people killed in motor vehicle traffic crashes where a driver was under the influence of alcohol. This is 26% of the total number of people killed in motor vehicle traffic crashes.
Injured in a Car Accident? Call Thomas J. Henry Law
Have you been injured in a crash in or around San Antonio? Call Thomas J. Henry Law now. Our experienced San Antonio car accident lawyers have the resources and experience to handle your claim aggressively and effectively. We can take immediate action on your claim, putting you in the best position to make a full financial recovery.
We work on a contingency fee basis which means you pay nothing unless and until we win your case. Call now for your FREE case evaluation.