7 Hospitalized, Including 2 Critically-Injured Children, in San Antonio Crash
At least seven people have been hospitalized following a crash on Bandera Road on San Antonio’s Northwest Side.
Details of the San Antonio Collision
According to FOX 29, the crash occurred around 3:50 pm Sunday near the intersection of Bandera Road and Sherill Brook Drive.
Police say a Chevrolet truck was traveling southbound on Bandera Road in the middle lane when it hit a white Ford Expedition that was pulling out of a private property.
Eight people were inside of the Expedition when the accident occurred. Seven were transported to the hospital, including two children who suffered life-threatening injuries.
The accident remains under investigation.
Police are investigating the accident and the possible stoplight malfunction. No charges have been filed in the accident.
Texas Car Accident Statistics 2018
Information provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- There were 12,161 serious injury crashes in Texas in 2018 with 14,908 people sustaining a serious injury.
- There were 701 people killed in crashes occurring in intersections or related to an intersection.
- There were 548 people killed in head-on crashes in 2018.
- There were no deathless days on Texas roadways in 2018.
- There were 940 people killed in motor vehicle traffic crashes where a driver was under the influence of alcohol. This is 26% of the total number of people killed in motor vehicle traffic crashes.
Injured in a Crash? Contact an Experienced San Antonio Auto Accident Lawyer
Were you injured in a traffic accident in San Antonio or a surrounding area? Our San Antonio auto accident lawyers are available 24/7 to assist you and provide you with a free legal consultation. Contact Thomas J. Henry Law today for more information about the services we provide to clients in San Antonio, Texas.
Remember, you do not have to face your accident and injuries alone. We are here to help you during your time of need. This includes help with medical appointments, transportation, and cash advancements on qualified cases. Let our attorneys deal with the insurers and your claim so you can focus on what’s really important: getting better.
Our San Antonio Personal Injury Law Offices
- Phone number: 210-941-2191 (attorneys available 24/7 to assist you)
- Address: 5710 W Hausman Rd, Suite 108, San Antonio, Texas 78249