Austin Intersection Crash: Teen Dead, Adult Critical After Decker Lane Collision
Decker Lane in Austin, Texas, became the scene of a devastating accident on November 18th, 2023. A two-vehicle collision claimed the life of a young driver and left another individual in critical condition.
According to CBS Austin, the accident happened near the Lindell Lane intersection, leaving an adult and teenager critically injured. The incident occurred around 8:14 a.m., with reports indicating one individual was ejected from the vehicle.
Both patients were transported to medical facilities: the adult to Dell Seton Medical Center and the teenager to Dell Children’s Medical Center.
DPS troopers investigating the incident determined a 2011 Toyota driven by a male teenager lost control on a curve while traveling northbound. The vehicle veered into oncoming traffic, colliding with a 2014 Chevrolet pickup. The Toyota driver was transported to an Austin medical facility, where he was later pronounced deceased. Updates on the other passengers’ conditions are not yet available as DPS says the investigation is still ongoing at this time and further details will be released once available.
2022 Texas Traffic Accident Statistics
The following information about Texas and San Antonio accidents was provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- 4,481 people were killed in Texas traffic crashes in 2022, marking a .36% decrease from the 4,497 deaths reported in 2021.
- 51.42% of traffic deaths occurred in rural areas of the state, and 636 deaths were attributed to head-on collisions.
- An additional 15,299 people were injured in Texas traffic crashes in 2021 with 18,880 people suffering serious, incapacitating injuries.
- Based on reportable crash data for the year:
- One person was killed in a crash in Texas every 1 hour and 57 minutes
- A person was injured every 2 minutes and 9 seconds
- A reportable crash occurred every 57 seconds
Contact an Experienced Austin Auto Accident Attorney
Have you or a loved one been injured in a car crash? Our experienced Austin car accident lawyers are available 24/7 to take your call and provide you with a free consultation. Thomas J. Henry has a track record of achieving real results for clients suffering from serious and debilitating car accident injuries and was selected as one of the 2021’s Best Car Accident Lawyers in Austin by Expertise.