Crews Respond to Multi-Car Accident in South Austin
Emergency crews responded to the scene of a multi-vehicle crash Tuesday afternoon in south Austin.
Details of the South Austin Crash
According to CBS Austin, Austin-Travis County EMS and Austin Fire crews responded to a multi-vehicle accident at the intersection of Payload Pass and East Ben White Boulevard around 3:30 pm.
Four people were treated for injuries at the scene, including one person who had to be extricated from the vehicle.
Authorities asked drivers to avoid the scene as the wreckage was cleared.
The cause of the crash is unclear, and the accident remains under investigation.
Texas Car Accident Statistics 2018
Information provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- There were 12,161 serious injury crashes in Texas in 2018 with 14,908 people sustaining a serious injury.
- There were 701 people killed in crashes occurring in intersections or related to an intersection.
- There were 548 people killed in head-on crashes in 2018.
- There were no deathless days on Texas roadways in 2018.
- There were 940 people killed in motor vehicle traffic crashes where a driver was under the influence of alcohol. This is 26% of the total number of people killed in motor vehicle traffic crashes.
Speak with an Experienced Austin Car Accident Attorney
If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident in Austin or a surrounding community, call Thomas J. Henry Law. Car accidents can result in unexpected medical bills and other expenses. When you are not at fault for a crash, you deserve to be compensated for the damages you have incurred. Our Austin car accident attorneys can help you achieve maximum compensation.
Call now for your free case consultation. We work on a contingency fee basis, so you pay us nothing unless and until we win your case.