About the North Side Collision
Authorities say that the life-threatening crash occurred on the city’s North Side around Vance Jackson Road and Jackson Keller Road. The victim was said to have been driving north on Vance Jackson Road before colliding into another vehicle traveling off of Jackson Keller Road. The man, in his fifties, was then quickly sent to the hospital after sustaining critical wounds from the sudden collision.
Authorities have also noted that the other driver was sent spiraling out of control into traffic during the aftermath of the incident.
Currently, the case is still undergoing investigation as officials believe speeding to have been a factor of the wreck. No clear charges have been issued out and no signs of impairment or intoxication were present either.
2017 Texas Car Accident Statistics
The information below was taken from the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- 254,415 persons were injured in motor vehicle traffic crashes in 2017.
- In 2017, there were 1,046 people killed in motor vehicle traffic crashes where a driver was under the influence of alcohol. This is 28% of the total number of people killed in motor vehicle traffic crashes.
- There were 553 people killed in head-on crashes in 2017.
- During 2017, more DUI – Alcohol crashes were reported in the hour between 2:00 am and 2:59 am than any other hour of the day. Also, more of these crashes occurred on Sunday than any other day of the week.
- In 2017, there were 451 people killed in crashes involving distracted driving. This is a 2% decrease from 2016.car accident
- In 2017 there were 763 people killed in crashes occurring in intersections or related to an intersection.
- There were no deathless days on Texas roadways in 2017.
Contact an Experienced San Antonio Car Accident Lawyer
If you or a loved one have been injured in a car crash, contact Thomas J. Henry to speak with an auto accident attorney in San Antonio. Our attorneys have experience handling a multitude of injury accidents, no matter how severe the crash or injury. You may be entitled to compensation for your damages if another driver acted negligently. Our firm has the experienced lawyers and financial resources that you need to achieve the real results you deserve.
Our firm has offices in Corpus Christi, San Antonio, and Austin, serving clients across Texas and nationwide. Call us today for a free case review — attorneys are available 24/7, nights and weekends. If you cannot make it to our office, we can visit you at your home, in the hospital, or at work.