A San Antonio officer was hospitalized Sunday morning after a car collided with his patrol car as it blocked traffic for a separate accident.
Details of the San Antonio Car Accident
According to News 4 SA, the crash happened around 1:00 am near the intersection of Potranco Road and Fillmore on the city’s West Side.
Officers were blocking traffic for an accident that had occurred at the intersection of Potranco and Clover Creek when a pickup truck failed to stop in time and slammed into one of the officers’ patrol units.
One officer was taken to the hospital as was the driver of the pickup.
Police believe the pickup’s driver may have suffered a medical emergency and was unable to stop.
The accident remains under investigation. It is unclear if charges will be filed.
Texas Car Accident Statistics 2018
Information provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- There were 12,161 serious injury crashes in Texas in 2018 with 14,908 people sustaining a serious injury.
- There were 701 people killed in crashes occurring in intersections or related to an intersection.
- There were 548 people killed in head-on crashes in 2018.
- There were no deathless days on Texas roadways in 2018.
- There were 940 people killed in motor vehicle traffic crashes where a driver was under the influence of alcohol. This is 26% of the total number of people killed in motor vehicle traffic crashes.
Contact an Experienced San Antonio Car Accident Lawyer
If you or a loved one were injured in a car accident in San Antonio, call Thomas J. Henry Law immediately. Our San Antonio auto accident attorneys have represented injured clients in across Texas for more than 25 years. We have the resources and expertise to handle your claim with the dedication and efficiency you deserve.
Do not wait. Our attorneys are available 24/7, nights and weekends to help you. Call now for your FREE case consultation.