Driver Flees Scene After Hitting 3 Construction Workers in San Antonio
San Antonio police are searching for a driver following a car accident in which a vehicle struck three construction workers on Interstate 35.
Details of the San Antonio Hit-and-Run
According to KSAT, the accident happened around 1:00 am Monday in the 1700 block of southbound Interstate 35 near the Alamo Street/Broadway exit.
Police said a silver Chevrolet HRR barreled into a construction zone where it struck three Texas Department of Transportation crewmembers working on a closure. The driver of the HHR then fled the scene on foot, failing to stop and render aid.
Two male construction workers, ages 21 and 23, were transported to Brooke Army Medical Center with serious injuries and a woman, 22, was taken to Baptist Hospital with a broken leg.
Police have not identified the male driver, and no arrests have been made.
The reason the crash occurred is still unclear as the accident remains under investigation.
Texas Car Accident Statistics 2018
Information provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- There were 12,161 serious injury crashes in Texas in 2018 with 14,908 people sustaining a serious injury.
- There were 701 people killed in crashes occurring in intersections or related to an intersection.
- There were 548 people killed in head-on crashes in 2018.
- There were no deathless days on Texas roadways in 2018.
- There were 940 people killed in motor vehicle traffic crashes where a driver was under the influence of alcohol. This is 26% of the total number of people killed in motor vehicle traffic crashes.
Injured in a Crash? Contact an Experienced San Antonio Auto Accident Lawyer
Were you injured in a traffic accident in San Antonio or a surrounding area? Our San Antonio auto accident lawyers are available 24/7 to assist you and provide you with a free legal consultation. Contact Thomas J. Henry Law today for more information about the services we provide to clients in San Antonio, Texas.
Remember, you do not have to face your accident and injuries alone. We are here to help you during your time of need. This includes help with medical appointments, transportation, and cash advancements on qualified cases. Let our attorneys deal with the insurers and your claim so you can focus on what’s really important: getting better.
Our San Antonio Personal Injury Law Offices
- Phone number: 210-941-2191 (attorneys available 24/7 to assist you)
- Address: 5710 W Hausman Rd, Suite 108, San Antonio, Texas 78249