Drunk Driver Causes Serious Crash in San Antonio West Side
A driver on the west side of San Antonio has been found to be the culprit of a serious crash. The driver has also been accused of being drunk while driving and has been arrested.
About the Drunk Driving Accident
According to News 4 San Antonio, emergency services were alerted to General McMullen and Castroville around 11 p.m. Saturday night, August 29.
The cause of crash was due to a driver in a silver car speeding through a stop light and ramming into an oncoming black vehicle. The driver inside of the black vehicle was found with major injuries and quickly transported to the University Hospital.
He is currently in stable condition. The driver of the silver car, a man in his 30’s, was found to be under the influence and issued a DWI.
Texas Drunk Driving Accident Statistics
The following information was provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- 3,773 people were killed in Texas traffic accidents in 2016, marking a 5.45% increase from the 3,578 deaths reported in 2015.
- 638 of the deaths reported in 2016 were attributed to head-on collision.
- Alcohol was determined to be a factor in 987 traffic deaths, accounting for roughly 26% of all Texas traffic fatalities.
- An additional 264,076 people were injured in auto accidents in Texas in 2016.
- Based on reportable data for 2016, TxDOT estimates:
- One person was killed in a traffic accident every 2 hours and 20 minutes.
- One person was injured every 1 minute and 59 seconds.
- A reportable crash occurred every 57 seconds.
Contact an Experienced Texas Auto Accident Attorney
If you or a loved one have been injured in a car crash, contact Thomas J. Henry. Our experienced car accident attorneys have experience handling a multitude of injury accidents, no matter how severe the crash or injury. You may be entitled to compensation for your damages if another driver acted negligently. Our firm has the experienced lawyers and financial resources that you need to achieve the real results you deserve.
Our firm has offices in Corpus Christi, San Antonio, and Austin, serving clients across Texas and nationwide. Call us today for a free case review — attorneys are available 24/7, nights and weekends. If you cannot make it to our office, we can visit you at your home, in the hospital, or at work.