Drunk Driver Crashes into Home While Trying to Flee Another Accident
Police have arrested a suspected drunk driver who crashed into a San Antonio home while attempting to flee the scene of a previous crash.
Details of the Initial Drunk Driving Accident and Following Home Collision
According to KENS-5, the crash occurred at around 6 am Saturday when the driver slammed into a house in the 9800 block of Autumn Dew on San Antonio’s northwest side.
Police say the driver was fleeing from the scene of a separate accident that had occurred about a mile away near the intersection of Highway 1604 and Guilbeau Road. In that collision, the driver had slammed into a sedan.
Fortunately, no one in the home was injured in the accident. The driver was arrested for Driving While Intoxicated and for fleeing the scene of an accident. His identity has not been released
Texas Car Accident Statistics
The following information was provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- 3,773 people were killed in Texas traffic accidents in 2016, marking a 5.45% increase from the 3,578 deaths reported in 2015.
- 638 of the deaths reported in 2016 were attributed to head-on collisions.
- Alcohol was determined to be a factor in 987 traffic deaths, accounting for roughly 26% of all Texas traffic fatalities.
- An additional 264,076 people were injured in auto accidents in Texas in 2016.
- Based on reportable data for 2016, TxDOT estimates:
- One person was killed in a traffic accident every 2 hours and 20 minutes.
- One person was injured every 1 minute and 59 seconds.
- A reportable crash occurred every 57 seconds.
Injured by an Intoxicated Driver? Contact an Experienced San Antonio Drunk Driving Accident Lawyer
Were you injured in a drunk driving accident in San Antonio or a surrounding area? Our San Antonio drunk driving accident lawyers are available 24/7 to assist you and provide you with a free legal consultation. Contact Thomas J. Henry Law today for more information about the services we provide to clients in San Antonio, Texas.
Thomas J. Henry Law is among the most respected personal injury firms in San Antonio and is the largest personal injury plaintiff’s firm in Texas. For the past 25 years, we have built a reputation for securing record-breaking settlements and verdicts on behalf of injured clients. We are committed to our clients’ financial and physical recovery and place client satisfaction at the center of every decision. As a result, Thomas J. Henry has been named one of the Best San Antonio Lawyers by San Antonio Scene for three consecutive years (2018, 2019, and 2020) and was recognized as the Best Attorney of San Antonio by the San Antonio Current in 2019 and 2020. He is also a lifetime member of Rue Ratings’ “Best Attorneys of America” and his firm, Thomas J. Henry Law, was named one of the Top Law Firms of 2020 by Newsweek.com.
Remember, you do not have to face your accident and injuries alone. We are here to help you during your time of need. This includes help with medical appointments, transportation, and cash advancements on qualified cases. Let our attorneys deal with the insurers and your claim so you can focus on what’s really important: getting better.
Our San Antonio Personal Injury Law Offices
- Phone number: 210-941-2191 (attorneys available 24/7 to assist you)
- Address: 5710 W Hausman Rd, Suite 108, San Antonio, Texas 78249