Dump Truck Driver Arrested in San Antonio Hit-and-Run
Police have arrested a man suspected of driving a dump truck that ran over a man on a bicycle. The driver fled the scene after the crash.
Details of the San Antonio Dump Truck Hit-and-Run
KSAT reports 25-year-old Christian Gomez was booked into jail Monday and is charged with failure to stop and render aid with serious bodily injury.
Gomez is suspected of hitting a bicyclist on Fran Fran Street, not far from Highway 90 and South Zarzamora, while driving a dump truck. The original crash occurred around 7 a.m. Monday.
Police say Gomez got out of the truck and pulled the bicycle from underneath the vehicle before driving away from the scene.
The bicyclist, a man believed to be in his 50s or 60s, was found by police unconscious and suffering from critical injuries.
Police are working to identify the bicyclists.
Hit-and-Run Facts and Statistics
The following information was provided by AAA:
- Since 2006, there has been an average of 682,000 hit-and-run crashes every year.
- Nearly 65% of people killed in hit-and-run crashes were bicyclists and pedestrians.
- Between 2009 and 2018, hit-and-run deaths increased an average of 7.2 percent each year.
- Per capita, the states with the highest rate of fatal hit-and-runs are:
- New Mexico
Struck by a Large Truck or Commercial Vehicle? Call Thomas J. Henry Law
If you have been involved in a crash with a large truck or a commercial vehicle, it is in your best interest to contact a personal injury attorney as soon as possible. Crashes involving commercial and company vehicles can be extremely complicated. An experienced truck accident lawyer can help determine who is at fault for your crash and your best course of action.
We have attorneys ready to assist you 24/7, nights and weekends. Call now for your FREE case review.
Our San Antonio Personal Injury Law Offices
- Phone number: 210-941-2191(attorneys available 24/7 to assist you)
- Address:5710 W Hausman Rd, Suite 108, San Antonio, Texas 78249