Elderly Woman Killed in Austin Pedestrian Crash
A 70-year-old woman was killed after being struck by a vehicle in South Austin Friday night.
Details of the Fatal Austin Pedestrian Accident
According to reports, the incident occurred around 8:55 pm Friday near the intersection of E. Riverside Drive and Frontier Valley Drive.
Police report a Chevrolet Spark was driving westbound on E. Riverside Drive when hit the woman crossing near the 7000 block. Austin EMS responded to the scene to administer life-saving aid, but the woman was pronounced dead at the scene.
The name of the deceased woman has not been released.
Police say the driver remained at the scene and is cooperating. Anyone with information on the accident should call the Highway Investigators Tip Line at 512-974-8111 or Crime Stoppers at 512-472-8477.
Safety Tips for Pedestrians
- Use sidewalks whenever they’re available. If there’s no sidewalk, walk on the left side of the road facing traffic.
- Always cross at intersections or marked crosswalks. Look left, then right, then left again before proceeding.
- Make eye contact with drivers before crossing the street. Never assume a driver sees you.
- Be visible. Wear something light or reflective after dark.
- Don’t be distracted by devices that take your eyes and ears off the road.
- As a passenger, get in or out of a vehicle on the curbside of the street.
Have Questions About a Pedestrian Accident? Call Thomas J. Henry Law
If you or a loved one has been involved in a pedestrian accident, you undoubtedly have questions. What do you do about the medical bills? What about the at-fault driver? What steps should you take next? At Thomas J. Henry Law, we have Austin car accident lawyers standing by to assist you.
Do not risk being stuck with the expenses on your own. Call Thomas J. Henry Law now to take action and protect your rights and your claim to compensation. We are available 24/7 to offer you a FREE case review.