Father’s Day Safety Tips
Father’s Day is a day to pay tribute to the men who raised us and made a positive impact on our lives. Whether fishing, golfing, grilling, or just enjoying the outdoors, spending time with your father is a great way to give back to the man who raised you. However, whatever you choose to do this Father’s day, be sure you take appropriate measure to ensure your activities are safe and free of preventable injuries.
5 Grilling Tips for Father’s Day
If you are planning to grill this Father’s day, remember these quick and easy tip to prevent burns and fires.
- Never leave the grill unattended
- Do not let children near the open flames. Also keep them away from the hot grill unless supervised.
- Clean off any excess grease prior to lighting the grill.
- Do not add lighter fluid to an already lit fire.
- Have a fire extinguisher nearby and ready in case of emergency.
5 Travel Safety Tips for Father’s Day
Roads are always a little busier on holidays resulting in increased traffic, increased stress, and increased distractions. Preparing for your trip, whether the destination is near or far, can help prevent accidents.
- Make sure your vehicle is properly maintained and safe to drive.
- Wear your seatbelt properly at all times.
- Leave earlier than usual to account for increased traffic.
- Do not drink and drive.
- Avoid distracted driving.
5 Water Safety Tips for Father’s Day
Whether at the pool, the beach, a river, or lake, you should remain vigilant of potential hazards while swimming, fishing, or boating. This is especially true if you have small children with you.
- Do not run near swimming pools.
- Have life jackets available if boating.
- Do not operate a boat while intoxicated.
- Do not allow children near water without an adult to supervise.
- Use sun block.
5 Golf Course Safety Tips for Father’s Day
Golf is a great way to pass some quite time with the family this Father’s Day. If you do hit the green, remember the following.
- Do not let children operate golf carts.
- Maintain golf cart safety.
- Be aware of others while swinging.
- Keep hydrated.
- If you hear “Fore!”, protect your self.
About Thomas J. Henry
Thomas J. Henry is the founder and owner of Thomas J. Henry Law, one of the nation’s leading personal injury firms. For over 25 years, his firm has fought to secure justice and compensation for individuals who have lost loved ones due to the negligence of others and to prevent similar instances of wrongful death from occurring again.
Over the years Thomas J. Henry Law has built a reputation as a firm that gets results. Recent record-breaking verdicts include:
- $50 Million for a Trucking Accident Resulting in Wrongful Death (Expenses: $1,126,381 | Attorney’s Fees: $21,000,000 | Net to Client: $27,000,000)
- $35 Million for a Trucking Accident Resulting in Wrongful Death (Expenses: $100,000.00 | Attorney’s Fees: $12,750,000.00 | Net to Client: $22,150,000.00)
- $30.2 Million for an Accident Involving a Recalled Vehicle Resulting in Spinal Cord and Back Injuries (Expenses: $39,576.15 | Attorney’s Fees: $10,060,980.00 | Net to Client: $20,121,960.57)
- $12.7 Million for a Medical Malpractice Resulting in Spinal Cord and Back Injuries (Expenses: $300.000.00 | Attorney’s Fees: $2,000,000.00 | Net to Client: $10.4 Million – Purchase of Lifetime Annuity)
- $10.9 Million for Medical Malpractice Resulting in Spinal Cord and Back Injuries (Expenses: $300,000.00 | Attorney’s Fees: $3,200,000.00 | Net to Client: $4,029,762.00 – Purchase of Lifetime Annuity)
- $10 Million for a Company Vehicle Accident Resulting in Spinal Cord and Back Injuries (Expenses: $125,000.00 | Attorney’s Fees: $4,250,000.00 | Net to Client: $5,625,000.00)
Outside of his work as an attorney, Thomas J. Henry is recognized as a generous philanthropist who is committed to helping those in need.
Thomas J. Henry is a loyal contributor to a number of causes, including the American Cancer Society, American Heart Association, American Red Cross, and the Special Olympics. Every October, the firm hosts “Bark in the Park,” a community event that raises thousands of dollars for local pet charities. Each November, the Thomas J. Henry Turkey Giveaway provides Thanksgiving turkeys to thousands of families in Texas. For two decades, Thomas J. Henry has helped families in need, the sick, the poor, and the disabled have Thanksgiving dinner.
In 2019, Thomas J. Henry organized and hosted Austin Elevates, a one of a kind event that brought together artists (such as Alec Monopoly) and musical acts (including Kygo, Daddy Yankee and Da Baby) to benefit local not-for-profit organizations including SAFE Alliance, Superhero Kids and the St. David’s Foundation Community Fund. The two-day event was funded by Thomas J. Henry and free for the public to attend.
Most recently, Thomas J. Henry partnered with other corporate entities in response to a series of catastrophic earthquakes that devastated the southwestern part of Puerto Rico. Thomas J. Henry quickly purchased 200 large tents, each able to hold 20 to 30 people, and dispatched them to affected areas of the island where they served as classrooms for children across all grade levels. These tents not only provided the children with a place to learn, but also a safe environment in which to spend their days as their parents and guardians navigated the complexities of the natural disaster.
Thomas J. Henry and his firm are committed to the well-being of their local and global communities and remain actively engaged in philanthropy programs supporting causes related to poverty, veterans, national disaster relief, education, animals, and the arts.