San Antonio police are investigating a possible drunk driving accident that left five people hospitalized early Monday morning.
Details of the Suspected Drunk Driving Accident
According to KSAT, the crash occurred around 2:30 am. Police say the driver of a car turned at the intersection of Culebra Road and Les Harrison and collided with an ambulance that was transporting a patient to the hospital. The ambulance was forced over the median of Culebra and struck an iron fence.
Police said both EMS workers in the ambulance, as well as the patient they were transporting, were taken to a hospital. The man and woman in the other vehicle were also hospitalized.
The accident remains under investigation, and police say alcohol may have been a factor in the crash.
Texas Drunk Driving Accident Statistics
The following information was provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- TxDOT recorded 934 fatal drunk driving crashes in 2017 which resulted in 1,049 deaths.
- Drunk driving also resulted in roughly 13, 567 injures, 2,179 of which were considered to be serious or incapacitating.
- While more drunk driving crashes were recorded in urban areas of the state, rural areas had a higher number of fatal crashes and fatalities.
- About 41.3% of drunk driving crashes in Texas resulted in injury or death.
Contact an Experienced Texas Car Accident Attorney
If you or a loved one have been injured in a car crash, contact Thomas J. Henry Law. Our experienced car accident attorneys have experience handling a multitude of injury accidents, no matter how severe the crash or injury. You may be entitled to compensation for your damages if another driver acted negligently. Our firm has the experienced lawyers and financial resources that you need to achieve the real results you deserve.
Our firm has offices in Corpus Christi, San Antonio, and Austin serving clients across Texas and nationwide. Call us today for a free case review — attorneys are available 24/7, nights and weekends. If you cannot make it to our office, we can visit you at your home, in the hospital, or at work.
Thomas J. Henry Law Offices with a Car Accident Lawyer in TX:
- Speak to an Austin car accident lawyer:
- Phone Number: (512) 520-0221 (attorneys available 24/7, nights and weekends)
- Address: 5707 Southwest Pkwy, Suite 125 Building 2, Austin, Texas 78735 (walk-in Monday through Friday)
- Speak to a Corpus Christi car accident lawyer:
- Phone number: 361-254-7873 (attorneys available 24/7 to assist you)
- Address: 521 Starr Street, Corpus Christi, Texas 78401 (walk-in Monday through Friday)
- Speak to a San Antonio car accident lawyer:
- Phone number: 210-941-2191 (attorneys available 24/7 to assist you)
- Address: 5710 W Hausman Rd, Suite 108, San Antonio, Texas 78249 (walk-in Monday through Friday)