Five people were injured in a car crash in southeast Austin Thursday morning. Officials say multiple people suffered potentially life-threatening injuries, and one was flown to the hospital.
Two-Vehicle Crash Leave One Pinned in Vehicle
CBS Austin reports the crash involved two vehicles carrying a total of five people.
One person was pinned in one of the vehicles and had to be extricated. Another required CPR at the scene.
STAR Flight responded, taking the patient that required CPR to Dell Seton Medical Center. ATCEMS transported another patient to South Austin Medical Center. Both patients sustained potentially life-threatening injuries.
A third person was taken to Seton hays where they were listed in critical condition.
The crash occurred near the intersection of FM812 and FM973, but details on how the crash occurred were not immediately available.
The crash remains under investigation.
Common Injuries Suffered in Car Accidents
There are a number of forces your body faces when you are involved in a crash. From blunt trauma to sudden muscle strains, the human body faces a high potential for serious injuries. At Thomas J. Henry Law, we want to make sure you are compensated for all of the injuries you suffer.
Some injuries commonly suffered by our car accident clients include:
- Whiplash – Whiplash occurs when your body moves and/or stops suddenly, faster than you would on your own. This can strain ligaments and tendons in the neck, causing severe pain and injury without actually breaking bones.
- Cuts and scrapes – From broken glass to items in the car that suddenly become projectiles, there is a high risk of cuts and scrapes in a car crash. Depending on the severity of these cuts, you may require stitches or other medical treatment. Some can even result in scarring and disfigurement.
- Traumatic brain injuries – Trauma to the head can injure the brain. TBIs may manifest in the form of a concussion, but people can suffer TBIs without clear immediate symptoms. This is one reason why it is so important you get medical attention after a crash.
- Broken bones – Broken bones, especially broken legs, arms, and ribs, are very common in car accidents. Breaks can be painful and can result in long-term mobility issues if they do not heal completely.
- Back and neck injuries – The back and neck are even more fragile than you may think. Due to the complexity of the spine and the muscles that surround it, there is a high potential for injury. Back and neck injuries can cause long-lasting and even permanent pain.
Injured in an Austin Car Crash? Call Thomas J. Henry Law
If you or a loved one was injured in a car crash in Austin, Texas, it is essential that you speak with a qualified injury attorney. You deserve to be compensated for your injuries and the damages you have suffered as a result of that crash. Thomas J. Henry Law can help ensure you receive the full compensation you are entitled to.
Do not wait. Our attorneys are available 24/7, nights and weekends. Call now to speak with an experienced Austin car accident attorney.