Four Hospitalized After 3-Vehicle Crash in Northeast San Antonio
Four people were taken to the hospital following a three-vehicle crash on San Antonio’s Northeast side Tuesday night.
Details of the Northeast San Antonio Car Accident
According to KSAT, the crash happened around 9:45 pm near the intersection of Walzem Road and Mesquite Farm Road.
Police say a Nissan sedan was driving at a high rate of speed when it blew through a red light and struck a pickup and another sedan. The impact of the collision caused the pickup to overturn.
Three family members that were riding in the pickup were taken to Northeast Baptist Hospital for treatment. An adult riding in the Nissan was transported to Brooke Army Medical Center with serious injuries.
The accident remains under investigation and it is unclear if any charges will be filed.
Facts and Statistics About Intersection Accidents
- The Federal Highway Administration (FHA) reports roughly 2.5 million intersection accidents every year. Most of the crashes involve vehicles making left turns.
- Crashes at intersections account for roughly 40 percent of all traffic accidents.
- Intersection crashes are the second most common category of traffic accidents behind rear-end collisions.
- 50 percent of all serious crashes and 20 percent of fatal crashes occur at intersections.
- Every year, red-light runners cause about 165,000 crashes and 700-800 deaths.
Injured in a Car Accident? Contact Thomas J. Henry Law
Thomas J. Henry Law’s auto accident attorneys in San Antonio have represented victims for more than 25 years. If you or a loved one has been injured in a car crash in Bexar County or a surrounding area, call our law firm now for your FREE case consultation.
Our attorneys are available 24/7 to assist you. If you are unable to travel to one of our offices, we can send an attorney directly to you.