Man Arrested in Suspected DWI Crash in Downtown San Antonio
A man in his 30s was detained by police early Wednesday morning following a suspected drunk driving crash in downtown San Antonio.
Details of the San Antonio Crash
KSAT reports the crash occurred around 3 a.m. on Blanco Road near Fulton Avenue and Interstate 10.
Police say the driver of an SUV was navigating a roundabout when they crashed. The man failed a field sobriety test and was arrested on suspicion of driving while intoxicated.
The accident remains under investigation.
Texas Drunk Driving Accident Statistics
The following information was provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- 3,773 people were killed in Texas traffic accidents in 2016, marking a 5.45% increase from the 3,578 deaths reported in 2015.
- 638 of the deaths reported in 2016 were attributed to a head-on collision.
- Alcohol was determined to be a factor in 987 traffic deaths, accounting for roughly 26% of all Texas traffic fatalities.
- An additional 264,076 people were injured in auto accidents in Texas in 2016.
- Based on reportable data for 2016, TxDOT estimates:
- One person was killed in a traffic accident every 2 hours and 20 minutes.
- One person was injured every 1 minute and 59 seconds.
- A reportable crash occurred every 57 seconds.
Speak with an Experienced Drunk Driving Accident Attorney
If you or a loved one have been injured in a car accident involving a drunk driver, call Thomas J. Henry Law. No one should be left bearing the financial burdens associated with a drunk driving accident that is not their fault. The San Antonio drunk driving accident lawyers at Thomas J. Henry Law will take immediate action on your claim to ensure you receive fair compensation for your injuries and damages.
Our attorneys are available 24/7, nights and weekends to assist you. If you are unable to travel to our offices, we can send an attorney directly to you. Call now for your free case consultation.