A man is dead and a 5-year-old girl is hospitalized following a violent crash between a car and an 18-wheeler in Montgomery County.
Details of the Montgomery County Crash
According to ABC-13, the crash occurred around 8:51 pm Wednesday on Fish Creek near FM-2854.
The 18-wheeler was disabled on Fish Creek after suffering an airline broke causing the vehicle’s brakes to lock up. The truck driver said he turned on his hazard lights while inspecting the vehicle. A red Subaru crashed into the back of the stopped 18-wheeler, crushing the vehicle’s front end.
The driver of the Subaru, a man in his 30s, was pronounced dead at the scene. Firefighters had to raise the loading ramp of the 18-wheeler in order to extricate the man from the vehicle.
A 5-year-old girl in the back seat of the vehicle was transported to Texas Children’s Hospital in Houston with critical injuries.
Troopers noted that the section of the road is unlit with a 45 mph speed limit. They also revealed that there were no evident skid marks from the Subaru.
The accident remains under investigation.
Texas 18-Wheeler Accident Statistics
The following information was provided by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA):
- 4,951 people were killed in crashes involving large trucks in the United States in 2018, marking a 1-percent increase from 2017.
- Of those killed in traffic accidents involving large trucks:
- 71 percent were occupants of passenger vehicles
- 18 percent were occupants of large trucks
- 11 percent were pedestrians or bicyclists
- 77 percent of fatal crashes involving large trucks occurred on weekdays
- An additional 151,000 people were injured in trucking accidents in 2018, marking a 2-percent increase over 2017.
- Texas led the country in trucking accident deaths with 664 fatalities recorded. Texas was followed by California with 352 deaths and Florida with 321 deaths.
Injured in an Accident with an 18-Wheeler? Contact Thomas J. Henry Law
Nobody thinks they are going to be involved in an 18-wheeler accident, and nobody looks forward to filing a lawsuit. At Thomas J. Henry Law, we want to aid you in your physical recovery as well as your financial recovery. Our goal is to make the claims process as easy as possible so that you can focus on what really matters, healing and taking care of your loved ones.
Our Texas 18-wheeler accident attorneys have experience taking on 18-wheeler accident companies and understand the complex regulations and laws that commercial vehicles are subject to. We know that time is a critical factor when it comes to 18-wheeler accidents and will take immediate action on your case, securing and protecting evidence, determining fault, and initiating the litigation process. We can even help you get to and from your medical appointments, and we offer cash advances on qualified cases.
If you have been injured or lost a loved one to an 18-wheeler accident or a Texas truck accident, call our offices now. We have 18-wheeler accident lawyers near you ready to review you claim. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends, to assist you. You focus on getting better. Let our attorneys handle the rest.
Speak with an 18-Wheeler Accident Lawyer in TX:
- Meet with an 18-wheeler accident lawyer in San Antonio:
- Phone number: 210-941-2191 (attorneys available 24/7 to assist you)
- Address: 5710 W Hausman Rd, Suite 108, San Antonio, TX 78249 (walk-in Monday through Friday)
- Meet with an 18-wheeler accident lawyer in Austin:
- Phone Number: (512) 520-0221 (attorneys available 24/7, nights and weekends)
- Address: 4401 West Gate Blvd Suite 200, Austin, TX 78745 (walk-in Monday through Friday)