Man Killed in Crash After Driver Runs Red Light
A man is dead as a result of a two-vehicle collision at an Arlington intersection. Police say the at-fault driver was fleeing from a traffic stop.
Details of the Fatal Arlington Crash
NBC-DFW reports that the crash occurred shortly after 9:00 pm when the driver of a Buick LaCross ran a red light and slammed into a sedan at the intersection of West Arkansas Lane and South Cooper Street.
Police had attempted to stop the Buick for a traffic violation at West Arkansas Lane and South Bowen Road. The officer discontinued pursuit around South Fielder Road, but the Buick kept speeding off. Witnesses told police the Buick was traveling in excess of 100 miles per hour.
The Buick went on to strike a sedan driver by 39-year-old Douglas Osiemo, killing him. The impact of the collision caused Osiemo’s car to hit two unoccupied vehicles in a nearby parking lot.
Police said two people fled the scene on foot and have not been apprehended. The Buick they left at the scene had contraband inside.
Anyone with information on the accident is urged to call Tarrant County Crime Stoppers at 817-469-8477.
Facts and Statistics About Intersection Accidents
- The Federal Highway Administration (FHA) reports roughly 2.5 million intersection accidents every year. Most of the crashes involve vehicle making left turns.
- Crashes at intersections account for roughly 40 percent of all traffic accidents.
- Intersection crashes are the second most common category of traffic accidents behind rear-end collisions.
- 50 percent of all serious crashes and 20 percent of fatal crashes occur at intersections.
- Every year, red-light runners cause about 165,000 crashes and 700-800 deaths.
Contact an Experienced Texas Car Accident Attorney
If you or a loved one have been injured in a car crash, contact Thomas J. Henry Law. Our experienced Texas car accident lawyers have experience handling a multitude of injury accidents, no matter how severe the crash or injury. You may be entitled to compensation for your damages if another driver acted negligently. Our firm has the experienced lawyers and financial resources that you need to achieve the real results you deserve.
Our firm has offices in Corpus Christi, San Antonio, and Austin serving clients across Texas and nationwide. Call us today for a free case review — attorneys are available 24/7, nights and weekends. If you cannot make it to our office, we can visit you at your home, in the hospital, or at work.
Thomas J. Henry Law Offices with a Car Accident Lawyer in TX:
- Speak to an Austin car accident lawyer:
- Phone Number: (512) 520-0221 (attorneys available 24/7, nights and weekends)
- Address:4401 West Gate Blvd Suite 200, Austin, TX 78745 (walk-in Monday through Friday)
- Speak to a Corpus Christi car accident lawyer:
- Phone number: 361-254-7873 (attorneys available 24/7 to assist you)
- Address: 521 Starr Street, Corpus Christi, TX 78401 (walk-in Monday through Friday)
- Speak to a San Antonio car accident lawyer:
- Phone number: 210-941-2191 (attorneys available 24/7 to assist you)
- Address: 5710 W Hausman Rd, Suite 108, San Antonio, TX 78249 (walk-in Monday through Friday)