One Dead in Car Crash Involving Stolen Car
One person is dead as a result of a high-speed collision involving a stolen vehicle in San Antonio that occurred earlier this month.
Details of the Deadly San Antonio Crash
A high-speed car chase involving a stolen vehicle has resulted in the death of one person in San Antonio. According to KENS5 News, the fatal crash occurred when a stolen 2018 Camaro collided head-on with a Jeep near the intersection of Western Park. The driver of the Camaro was driving at high speeds across West Commerce Street before the crash.
EMS attempted to rescue the driver of the Camaro, but the driver was pronounced dead at the scene. The driver of the Jeep was transported to a nearby hospital.
The owner of the 2018 Camaro reported his car being stolen from a nearby Shell gas station at 8:30 p.m. An official statement from the owner, who wishes to remain anonymous, included his condolences over the death of the driver.
2017 Texas Car Accident Statistics
The information below was taken from the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- 254,415 persons were injured in motor vehicle traffic crashes in 2017.
- In 2017, there were 1,046 people killed in motor vehicle traffic crashes where a driver was under the influence of alcohol. This is 28% of the total number of people killed in motor vehicle traffic crashes.
- There were 553 people killed in head-on crashes in 2017.
- During 2017, more DUI – Alcohol crashes were reported in the hour between 2:00 am and 2:59 am than any other hour of the day. Also, more of these crashes occurred on Sunday than any other day of the week.
- In 2017, there were 451 people killed in crashes involving distracted driving. This is a 2% decrease from 2016.car accident
- In 2017 there were 763 people killed in crashes occurring in intersections or related to an intersection.
- There were no deathless days on Texas roadways in 2017.
Contact an Experienced Texas Car Accident Lawyer
If you or a loved one have been injured in a car crash, contact Thomas J. Henry. Our experienced San Antonio auto accident attorneys have experience handling a multitude of injury accidents, no matter how severe the crash or injury. You may be entitled to compensation for your damages if another driver acted negligently. Our firm has the experienced lawyers and financial resources that you need to achieve the real results you deserve.
Our firm has offices in Corpus Christi, San Antonio, and Austin, serving clients across Texas and nationwide. Call us today for a free case review — attorneys are available 24/7, nights and weekends. If you cannot make it to our office, we can visit you at your home, in the hospital, or at work.