One Dead in New Braunfels Dump Truck Crash
A man was killed in a crash in New Braunfels on Monday after being involved in a crash with a dump truck.
Details of the Fatal New Braunfels Dump Truck Accident
According to MySA, the crash occurred at the intersection of FM 725 and West Zipp Road around 3:30 pm.
Police say 86-year-old Antonio Garcia Olvera was driving a pickup truck when it was struck by a dump truck and overturned. Olvera died at the scene.
A preliminary investigation suggests the driver of the dump truck, a 62-year-old man, ran a red light on FM 725 and struck Olvera’s pickup as Olvera was attempting to turn West Zipp Road onto FM 725.
The area around the intersection was closed for about three and a half hours as crews worked the scene. The crash remains under investigation.
2019 Truck Accident Statistics
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA):
- An estimated 538,000 large trucks were involved in police-reported crashes in 2019.
- 5,005 people were killed in truck accidents in 2019, with large trucks accounting for 10 percent of all vehicles involved in fatal collisions for the year.
- 9% of large truck drivers involved in fatal crashes had previously been involved in reported crashes – more than any other vehicle type.
- An additional 159,000 people were injured in truck crashes in 2019.
- Among the states with the most truck accident deaths were:
- Texas: 652 deaths
- California: 408 deaths
- Florida: 349
- Georgia: 204
- Ohio: 172
Injured in a Truck Accident? Contact Thomas J. Henry Law
If you or a loved one have been injured in an accident with a large truck or 18-wheeler, contact Thomas J. Henry Law immediately. Truck accident claims are especially complex. Making matters worse is the fact that most truck companies employ teams of attorneys to challenge claims.
Thomas J. Henry Law has represented clients injured truck accidents for nearly 30 years. We have the experience and resources to handle your claim with the aggression and effectiveness you deserve. Call now for your free case review with an experienced San Antonio truck accident attorney.