One Dead in South Side San Antonio Hit-and-Run
A middle age man was struck by a car and killed in San Antonio last month while attempting to cross a street on the city’s South Side.
Details of the South Side Pedestrian Accident
The 65-year-old victim was struck Monday, November 23 according to San Antonio Police. KSAT News reports the accident happened around the intersection of Gillette Boulevard and South Zarzamora Street.
Police believe the driver who struck the man was in his younger years, possibly below the age of twenty. Witness reports detail the driver fleeing the scene before deciding to turn himself in afterwards. Authorities have since taken the driver in for investigation and questioning.
No official charges have been issued out yet and names have not been released for the driver or victim.
Texas Motor Vehicle Traffic Statistics 2018
Information taken from the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- There were 12,161 serious injury crashes in Texas in 2018 with 14,908 people sustaining a serious injury.
- There were 701 people killed in crashes occurring in intersections or related to an intersection.
- There were 548 people killed in head-on crashes in 2018.
- There were no deathless days on Texas roadways in 2018.
- There were 940 people killed in motor vehicle traffic crashes where a driver was under the influence of alcohol. This is 26% of the total number of people killed in motor vehicle traffic crashes.
Injured in a Crash? Contact an Experienced San Antonio Auto Accident Lawyer
Were you injured in a traffic accident in San Antonio or a surrounding area? Our San Antonio auto accident lawyers are available 24/7 to assist you and provide you with a free legal consultation. Contact Thomas J. Henry Law today for more information about the services we provide to clients in San Antonio, Texas.
Our San Antonio Personal Injury Law Offices
- Phone number: 210-941-2191 (attorneys available 24/7 to assist you)
- Address: 5710 W Hausman Rd, Suite 108, San Antonio, Texas 78249