One Dead, One Injured in Weather-Related Crash in San Antonio
One person is dead and another is in the hospital as a result of a weather-related crash in Southeast San Antonio.
Two Vehicles Involved in WW White Road Crash
According to KSAT, the crash occurred at the intersection of South WW White Road and Retta Street. Police say a Mitsubishi was trying to make a left-hand turn from the southbound lanes of WW White when it was struck almost head-on by a Mitsubishi traveling north.
Officials say the driver of the Mitsubishi did not see the oncoming Chrysler and the Chrysler was not able to evade the Mitsubishi as it crossed into the northbound lanes.
The driver of the Mitsubishi, a 73-year-old man, and a passenger, a 44-year-old woman, were transported to Brooke Army Medical Center where the passenger succumbed to her injuries.
Police do not suspect speed as being a factor in the crash but did say poor weather conditions likely contributed to the crash.
An investigation into the crash is ongoing.
Texas Motor Vehicle Traffic Statistics 2018
Information taken from the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- There were 12,161 serious injury crashes in Texas in 2018 with 14,908 people sustaining a serious injury.
- There were 701 people killed in crashes occurring in intersections or related to an intersection.
- There were 548 people killed in head-on crashes in 2018.
- There were no deathless days on Texas roadways in 2018.
- There were 940 people killed in motor vehicle traffic crashes where a driver was under the influence of alcohol. This is 26% of the total number of people killed in motor vehicle traffic crashes.
Injured in a Crash? Contact an Experienced San Antonio Auto Accident Lawyer
Were you injured in a traffic accident in San Antonio or a surrounding area? Our car accident lawyers in San Antonio are available 24/7 to assist you and provide you with a free legal consultation. Contact Thomas J. Henry Law today for more information about the services we provide to clients in San Antonio, Texas.
Our San Antonio Personal Injury Law Offices
- Phone number: 210-941-2191 (attorneys available 24/7 to assist you)
- Address: 5710 W Hausman Rd, Suite 108, San Antonio, Texas 78249