One man is dead and several others have been hospitalized as a result of back-to-back collisions in North Bexar County on Sunday evening.
About the Bexar County Crashes
KSAT reports the accident occurred around 7:30 pm Sunday in the 24000 block of Blanco Road on Bexar County’s far north side.
Authorities said a passenger vehicle drifted into oncoming traffic and crashed head-on into a pickup truck. The driver of the vehicle the crossed the center line, a man in his 30s, was pronounced dead at the scene.
Soon after, another driver who had just traveled by the initial accident caused another wreck. Several people involved in that crash were transported to an area hospital. None of the injuries are considered life-threatening.
Lane closures were in place for several hours as crews cleared the scene. The accident remains under investigation.
Facts and Statistics About Intersection Accidents
- The Federal Highway Administration (FHA) reports roughly 2.5 million intersection accidents every year. Most of the crashes involve vehicles making left turns.
- Crashes at intersections account for roughly 40 percent of all traffic accidents.
- Intersection crashes are the second most common category of traffic accidents behind rear-end collisions.
- 50 percent of all serious crashes and 20 percent of fatal crashes occur at intersections.
- Every year, red-light runners cause about 165,000 crashes and 700-800 deaths.
Our San Antonio Car Accident Lawyers Are Ready to Assist You
The San Antonio car accident lawyers at Thomas J. Henry Law have been representing clients injured in car accidents for more than 25 years. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends to assist you and offer FREE case reviews. If you are unable to travel to our offices, we can send an attorney directly to you.