One Hospitalized After Rollover Crash on Loop 1604 in San Antonio
One person was taken to a San Antonio hospital early Monday morning after a rollover accident on Loop 1604.
Details of the San Antonio Crash
KSAT reports the crash occurred around 2:20 am in the eastbound lanes of Loop 1604 between O’Connor and Judson Road.
Police say a man driving a pickup crashed into the back of another truck, causing the second truck to roll over. The driver of the overturned truck was trapped in his vehicle and had to be extricated by emergency responders.
After being extricated, the driver of the overturned pickup was rushed to Brooke Army Medical Center where he was listed in stable condition.
Police say alcohol was not a factor in the crash. The accident remains under investigation.
Texas Car Accident Statistics for 2019
The following information was provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- 3,623 people were killed in crashes on Texas roadways in 2019. This averages to nearly 10 deaths every day.
- December was the deadliest month on Texas roadways in 2019 with 334 people killed.
- Another 256,797 people were injured in car accidents in 2019 with 15,855 people suffering incapacitating injuries.
- Based on reportable crash data for 2019:
- One person was killed in a car accident in Texas every 2 hours and 25 minutes
- One person was injured every 2 minutes and 3 seconds
- A reportable crash occurred every 56 seconds.
Contact an Experienced San Antonio Car Accident Lawyer
If you have been injured in a car accident in San Antonio, contact Thomas J. Henry Law. Our attorneys have represented injured clients throughout San Antonio and surrounding communities for nearly 30 years. We have the knowledge, experience, and resources to handle your claim aggressively and effectively.
Do not wait and risk your claim to compensation. Speak with a licensed car accident lawyer in San Antonio today. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends. If you are unable to travel to one of our offices, call us and we can send an attorney directly to you.