One Person Dead, Another in Critical Condition Following Austin Accident
A crash just outside of Austin left one person dead and a second with life-threatening injuries early Saturday morning.
Details of the Fatal Travis County Collision
According to KXAN, the crash happened at around 2:30 am near the intersection of FM 812 and US 183, just south of Austin-Bergstrom International Airport.
Police noted that the crash involved two vehicles, though the events that led up to the crash and who was at fault were not immediately available.
Medics and firefighters responded to find both victims trapped in their vehicles. One victim was pronounced dead at the scene, and the other was extricated from the vehicle and taken to St. David’s South Hospital with critical injuries.
The accident remains under investigation.
2019 Austin Car Accident Statistics
According to the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- 15,605 crashes were recorded in Austin in 2019.
- 89 of these crashes were fatal, resulting in 91 deaths.
- An additional 539 serious injuries, 4,513 non-incapacitating injuries, and 5,233 possible injuries were reported.
- In 1,935 crashes records were unclear if an injury had occurred or not.
Contact an Experienced Austin Auto Accident Attorney
Have you or a loved one been injured in a car crash in Austin? Our experienced car accident attorneys in Austin are available 24/7 to take your call and provide you with a free consultation. Thomas J. Henry has a track record of achieving real results for clients suffering from serious and debilitating injuries. Let our team of attorneys help you navigate the legal process while you focus on healing. Call today to speak with an attorney, or fill out the contact form on this page and we will contact you.
Our Austin, Texas Personal Injury Law Offices
- Phone Number: (512) 520-0221 (attorneys available 24/7, nights and weekends)
- Address: 5707 Southwest Pkwy, Suite 125 Building 2, Austin, Texas 78735 (walk-in Monday through Friday)