One Person Killed, Two Injured, Another Arrested in Deadly New Braunfels Crash
One person is dead and another has been arrested following a head-on crash on new Braunfels’ Northeast Side.
Details of the New Braunfels Crash
According to News 4 SA, the fatal crash occurred around 1:30 am Thursday on Farm-to-Market 306 near Hunter Road. The crash involved two Dodge Ram pickup trucks and a suspected drunk driver.
Officials said the driver of one of the pickups, 41-year-old Reva Garza, was pronounced dead at the scene.
The driver of the other pickup, Juan Sebastian Vargas, was taken to the hospital and later released. He has since been charged with Intoxication Assault with a Vehicle Causing Serious Bodily Injury.
Two other occupants in Vargas’s truck, a 19-year-old man and a 25-year-old man, suffered serious injuries and were transported the hospital in critical condition.
The crash remains under investigation, and police said additional charges could be filed.
2021 Texas Traffic Accident Statistics
The following information about Texas and San Antonio accidents was provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- 4,489 people were killed in Texas traffic crashes in 2021, marking a 15.22% increase from the 3,896 deaths reported in 2020.
- 04% of traffic deaths occurred in rural areas of the state, and 613 deaths were attributed to head-on collisions.
- An additional 239,539 people were injured in Texas traffic crashes in 2021 with 19,448 people suffering serious, incapacitating injuries.
- Based on reportable crash data for the year:
- One person was killed in a crash in Texas every 1 hour and 57 minutes
- A person was injured every 2 minutes and 12 seconds
- A reportable crash occurred every 57 seconds
Speak with Our Experienced San Antonio Car Accident Lawyers
If you or a loved one have been injured in a car accident in San Antonio, call Thomas J. Henry Law to speak with an attorney today.
Our team is experienced in handling car accident cases, and we have the knowledge and resources to help you get the full compensation you deserve. We are committed to your financial recovery as well as ensuring you receive treatment for your injuries.
Our car accident lawyers are available 24/7 to help you. Our firm has offices in Corpus Christi, San Antonio, Dallas, Austin, and Houston serving clients across Texas and nationwide. Call now.