A Pflugerville family is still trying to obtain justice for two teens killed in a two-car crash in Pflugerville five months ago.
Family Questions Investigation, Actions Taken by Police
FOX 7 reports 17-year-old Le’Nyce and 15-year-old Lee Anthony fisher were killed in a tragic car accident in November 2020. Le’Nyce was driving along Pflugerville Parkway after picking up his brother when a second vehicle ran a red light and struck them. The adverse driver stayed at the scene.
While the family of Le’Nyce and Lee Anthony were assured the investigation was airtight, thorough, and would be presented to the District Attorney, the family has concerns with what they see as issues with the investigation.
According to KXAN, the family claims the suspect was not given a field sobriety test nor were the suspect’s phone records subpoenaed. They believe the family failed to thoroughly investigate the claim, leaving questions unanswered.
In a statement, Pflugerville Police Department stated its investigators “utilized the investigative options available to them in accordance with State law.” They added that “accusations that officers failed to pursue certain investigative processes are false.”
The suspect, a juvenile, has been charged with two counts of criminally negligent homicide.
Texas Car Accident Statistics
The following information was provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- 3,773 people were killed in Texas traffic accidents in 2016, marking a 5.45% increase from the 3,578 deaths reported in 2015.
- 638 of the deaths reported in 2016 were attributed to a head-on collision.
- Alcohol was determined to be a factor in 987 traffic deaths, accounting for roughly 26% of all Texas traffic fatalities.
- An additional 264,076 people were injured in auto accidents in Texas in 2016.
- Based on reportable data for 2016, TxDOT estimates:
- One person was killed in a traffic accident every 2 hours and 20 minutes.
- One person was injured every 1 minute and 59 seconds.
- A reportable crash occurred every 57 seconds.
Injured in a Crash? Contact an Experienced San Antonio Auto Accident Lawyer
Were you injured in a traffic accident in San Antonio or a surrounding area? Our auto accident attorneys in San Antonio are available 24/7 to assist you and provide you with a free legal consultation. Contact Thomas J. Henry Law today for more information about the services we provide to clients in San Antonio, Texas.
Thomas J. Henry Law is among the most respected personal injury firms in San Antonio and is the largest personal injury plaintiff’s firm in Texas. For the past 25 years, we have built a reputation for securing record-breaking settlements and verdicts on behalf of injured clients. We are committed to our clients’ financial and physical recovery and place client satisfaction at the center of every decision. As a result, Thomas J. Henry has been named one of the Best San Antonio Lawyers by San Antonio Scene for three consecutive years (2018, 2019, and 2020) and was recognized as the Best Attorney of San Antonio by the San Antonio Current in 2019 and 2020. He is also a lifetime member of Rue Ratings’ “Best Attorneys of America” and his firm, Thomas J. Henry Law, was named one of the Top Law Firms of 2020 by Newsweek.com.
Remember, you do not have to face your accident and injuries alone. We are here to help you during your time of need. This includes help with medical appointments, transportation, and cash advancements on qualified cases. Let our attorneys deal with the insurers and your claim so you can focus on what’s really important: getting better.
Our San Antonio Personal Injury Law Offices
- Phone number: 210-941-2191 (attorneys available 24/7 to assist you)
- Address: 5710 W Hausman Rd, Suite 108, San Antonio, Texas 78249