A pregnant woman was transported to the hospital after a crash on San Antonio’s North Side on Monday night.
Details of the North Side San Antonio Crash
KSAT reports the crash occurred around 9:45 pm near the intersection of Loop 410 and San Pedro Avenue.
Police say the woman’s vehicle crashed with a truck near the intersection. The woman was transported to University Hospital by EMS.
The cause of the crash is not known, but police did say the woman was not intoxicated.
The crash remains under investigation.
Facts and Statistics About Intersection Accidents
- The Federal Highway Administration (FHA) reports roughly 2.5 million intersection accidents every year. Most of the crashes involve vehicles making left turns.
- Crashes at intersections account for roughly 40 percent of all traffic accidents.
- Intersection crashes are the second most common category of traffic accidents behind rear-end collisions.
- 50 percent of all serious crashes and 20 percent of fatal crashes occur at intersections.
- Every year, red-light runners cause about 165,000 crashes and 700-800 deaths.
Injured in a Crash at an Intersection? Call Thomas J. Henry Law
Thomas J. Henry Law has represented injured clients across Texas for more than 25 years. We have built a reputation on securing record-breaking verdicts and settlements for our clients, and have litigated against some of the largest defendants in the country. Now it is time to let our success work for you.
Our San Antonio car accident attorneys are available 24/7 to assist you. We offer free consultations and work entirely on a contingency fee basis which means you pay nothing unless and until we win your case.
Our San Antonio Personal Injury Law Offices
- Phone number: 210-941-2191 (attorneys available 24/7 to assist you)
- Address: 5710 W Hausman Rd, Suite 108, San Antonio, Texas 78249