San Antonio Police Respond to Three-Vehicle Crash, One Man Extricated
At least one person was hospitalized and another person was detained after a three-car crash on San Antonio’s South Side.
Details of the San Antonio Multi-Car Crash
KSAT reports the crash occurred on Highway 90 near Marian Street around 11:30 pm Monday.
Police say a black SUV was traveling in the westbound lanes of Highway 90 when it rear-ended a white sedan. The two vehicles became locked together, lost control, and spun before hitting a third vehicle and finally a tree.
The driver of the sedan, a man in his 20s was trapped in his vehicle and had to be cut out and extracted by firefighters. He was transported to Brooke Army Medical Center.
The female driver of the SUV was detained on suspicion of DWI. She could also face a charge of intoxication assault depending on the seriousness of the injuries suffered in the crash.
Details on occupants of the third vehicle were not immediately available.
Texas Drunk Driving Accident Statistics
The following information was provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- 3,773 people were killed in Texas traffic accidents in 2016, marking a 5.45% increase from the 3,578 deaths reported in 2015.
- 638 of the deaths reported in 2016 were attributed to a head-on collision.
- Alcohol was determined to be a factor in 987 traffic deaths, accounting for roughly 26% of all Texas traffic fatalities.
- An additional 264,076 people were injured in auto accidents in Texas in 2016.
- Based on reportable data for 2016, TxDOT estimates:
- One person was killed in a traffic accident every 2 hours and 20 minutes.
- One person was injured every 1 minute and 59 seconds.
- A reportable crash occurred every 57 seconds.
Injured in a San Antonio Drunk Driving Crash? Call Thomas J. Henry Law
If you or a loved one has been injured in a drunk driving crash, call Thomas J. Henry Law for immediate assistance. Our San Antonio car accident attorneys have the resources and the experience to handle your claim aggressively and effectively. We have represented clients involved in car crashes for more than 25 years and can help you recover maximum compensation for your injuries.
Our Austin, Texas Personal Injury Law Offices
- Phone Number: (512) 520-0221 (attorneys available 24/7, nights and weekends)
- Address:4401 West Gate Blvd Suite 200, Austin, TX 78745 (walk-in Monday through Friday)