San Antonio Woman Killed in Waco Drunk Driving Crash
A San Antonio woman was killed in a head-on collision near Waco on Friday. Police suspect alcohol to be a factor in the crash.
Details of the Waco Area Drunk Driving Collision
According to MySA, the fatal crash occurred about 62 miles west of Waco. Police say a 2016 Dodge Ram when a 2020 Ford Edge Sedan crossed the center line and crashed head-on into the pickup. Police say the driver of the Dodge attempted to avoid the Ford was unable to.
A passenger in the Dodge, 62-year-old Carol Ann Neatherlin, was pronounced dead at the scene. The driver of the Dodge, a 71-year-old man, was transported to a nearby hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
The driver of the Ford, a 48-year-old man from Austin, was charged with intoxication manslaughter.
The accident remains under investigation.
Texas Drunk Driving Accident Statistics
The following information was provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- 3,773 people were killed in Texas traffic accidents in 2016, marking a 5.45% increase from the 3,578 deaths reported in 2015.
- 638 of the deaths reported in 2016 were attributed to a head-on collision.
- Alcohol was determined to be a factor in 987 traffic deaths, accounting for roughly 26% of all Texas traffic fatalities.
- An additional 264,076 people were injured in auto accidents in Texas in 2016.
- Based on reportable data for 2016, TxDOT estimates:
- One person was killed in a traffic accident every 2 hours and 20 minutes.
- One person was injured every 1 minute and 59 seconds.
- A reportable crash occurred every 57 seconds.
Contact an Experienced San Antonio Drunk Driving Accident Attorney
If you or a loved one has been injured in a crash involving a drunk driver, call Thomas J. Henry. We have experienced car accident lawyers in San Antonio ready to assist you. Our attorneys are available 24/7, nights and weekends to hear your claim. We offer FREE case reviews, and our “No Fee Promise” means you pay us nothing unless and until we win your case.
If you are unable to travel to our office, we can send a lawyer directly to you. Call now.