A third person, identified as Rebecca Cedillo, 46, of Converse, has died as a result of injuries suffered during a crash at a drag racing event in Kerrville, Texas.
Crash Also Claimed Lives of 6- and 8-Year-Old Boys
NBC News reports Cedillo died at University Hospital in San Antonio Wednesday. She was injured Wednesday when a 1990 Ford Mustang driven by Michael Gonzales lost control on a 1/8-mile track laid out on one of Kerrville’s airport runways and crashed into spectators.
The crash also claimed the lives of two young boys, ages 6 and 8.
In addition to the three dead, seven people were injured, including Gonzalez. One woman, Mary Kate Walls, 27, was reported to have improved from critical to fair condition.
The crash remains under investigation.
Texas Car Accident Statistics 2018
Information provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- There were 12,161 serious injury crashes in Texas in 2018 with 14,908 people sustaining a serious injury.
- There were 701 people killed in crashes occurring in intersections or related to an intersection.
- There were 548 people killed in head-on crashes in 2018.
- There were no deathless days on Texas roadways in 2018.
- There were 940 people killed in motor vehicle traffic crashes where a driver was under the influence of alcohol. This is 26% of the total number of people killed in motor vehicle traffic crashes.
Speak with an Experienced Car Accident Attorney
If you have been injured in a car accident in or around San Antonio, call Thomas J. Henry Law. We have represented clients across Texas for more than 25 years and have built a reputation for securing record-breaking verdicts for our clients.
Our experienced San Antonio car accident lawyers are available 24/7, nights and weekends to assist you. Call now for your free case consultation.