Three Injured in High-Speed Crash in South San Antonio
Three people were injured Monday night as a result of a high-speed collision on San Antonio’s South Side.
Details of the Fatal San Antonio Crash
According to KTSA, the crash occurred around 10 pm near the intersection of Interstate 37 and Southeast Military Driver.
Police say a man was driving on I-37 at speed over 100 miles per hour when he crashed into a second vehicle. The force of the collision forced the second vehicle off the road and into a ditch where it overturned.
Three people in the second vehicle were injured with two being transported to the hospital.
The driver of the speeding car crashed into a concrete barrier following the initial impact. He was detained by the police and will likely face charges.
The crash remains under investigation. It is not clear whether alcohol played a role in the crash at this time.
2020 Texas Traffic Accident Statistics
Despite the pandemic and reduced traffic, 2020 still proved to be a deadly year for Texas drivers. According to the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- 3,896 people were killed in car crashes in Texas in 2020. A 7.54% increase from 2019.
- The fatality rate on Texas roadways increased a staggering 18.94% from 2019 to 2020
- 538 of those deaths were the result of head-on collisions.
- 865 people were killed in crashes that occurred at or near intersections.
- An additional 205,489 people were injured in traffic crashes in Texas in 2020 with 14,656 people suffering incapacitating injuries.
- Based on reportable data for 2020, TxDOT determined:
- One person was killed in a car crash in Texas every 2 hours and 15 minutes.
- A person was injured in a crash every 2 minutes and 34 seconds.
- A reportable crash occurred every 1 minute 7 seconds.
Were You Injured in a Car Crash? Call Thomas J. Henry Law
If you or a loved one have been injured in a car crash in San Antonio, call Thomas J. Henry Law for a FREE Case Consultation.
Thomas J. Henry Law has represented clients in and around San Antonio for nearly 30 years. We have built a reputation for securing record-breaking verdicts for our clients and have garnered national attention for our work inside and out of the courtroom.
Let our experience work for you. Call now to speak with a licensed car accident attorney in San Antonio.