A man has been hospitalized in critical condition following a two-car collision at a downtown San Antonio intersection.
Details of the San Antonio Crash
According to KSAT, the crash occurred around 9 pm on Tuesday at the intersection of Brazos Street and Guadalupe Street.
Police say a 29-year-old man traveling in a Lexus IS 250 was driving northbound on Brazos at a high rate of speed when he ran a red light and crashed into a Nissan Rogue traveling eastbound on Guadalupe Street. The Lexus then slammed into a signal pole, knocking it over.
The driver of the Lexus was not wearing a seatbelt and became trapped in his vehicle. He had to be extracted from his vehicle by firefighters and was transported to the Brooke Army Medical Center where was listed in critical condition.
A 50-year-old woman traveling in the Nissan Rogue was taken to University Hospital as a precaution.
The accident remains under investigation.
Facts and Statistics About Intersection Accidents
- The Federal Highway Administration (FHA) reports roughly 2.5 million intersection accidents every year. Most of the crashes involve vehicles making left turns.
- Crashes at intersections account for roughly 40 percent of all traffic accidents.
- Intersection crashes are the second most common category of traffic accidents behind rear-end collisions.
- 50 percent of all serious crashes and 20 percent of fatal crashes occur at intersections.
- Every year, red-light runners cause about 165,000 crashes and 700-800 deaths.
Injured in a Crash? Contact an Experienced San Antonio Auto Accident Lawyer
Were you injured in a traffic accident in San Antonio or a surrounding area? Our San Antonio auto accident lawyers are available 24/7 to assist you and provide you with a free legal consultation. Contact Thomas J. Henry Law today for more information about the services we provide to clients in San Antonio, Texas.
Remember, you do not have to face your accident and injuries alone. We are here to help you during your time of need. This includes help with medical appointments, transportation, and cash advancements on qualified cases. Let our attorneys deal with the insurers and your claim so you can focus on what’s really important: getting better.
Our San Antonio Personal Injury Law Offices
- Phone number: 210-941-2191 (attorneys available 24/7 to assist you)
- Address: 5710 W Hausman Rd, Suite 108, San Antonio, Texas 78249