Two Dead in Crash on San Antonio’s Southwest Side
San Antonio police are investigating a fatal crash that left two people dead on the city’s southwest side.
About the Fatal Southwest San Antonio Crash
News 4 SA reports that a fatal accident occurred on Old Pearsall Rd. near Loop 410 on Wednesday afternoon.
The two victims killed in the accident, a man and a woman in their 30s, were both occupants of a maroon Ford Focus that was attempting to pull into a parking lot when it was t-boned by a silver SUV. The two were killed on impact.
The two occupants of the SUV were injured in the crash but are expected to survive.
The victims have not been identified pending notification of next of kin. The accident remains under investigation.
Texas Car Accident Statistics 2018
Information provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- There were 12,161 serious injury crashes in Texas in 2018 with 14,908 people sustaining a serious injury.
- There were 701 people killed in crashes occurring in intersections or related to an intersection.
- There were 548 people killed in head-on crashes in 2018.
- There were no deathless days on Texas roadways in 2018.
- There were 940 people killed in motor vehicle traffic crashes where a driver was under the influence of alcohol. This is 26% of the total number of people killed in motor vehicle traffic crashes.
Injured in a Crash? Contact an Experienced San Antonio Auto Accident Lawyer
Were you injured in a traffic accident in San Antonio or a surrounding area? We have car accident lawyers in San Antonio who are available 24/7 to assist you and provide you with a free legal consultation. Our law firm is among the most respected personal injury firms in San Antonio and is the largest personal injury plaintiff’s firm in Texas. Expertise has named Thomas J. Henry is one of the Best Car Accident Lawyers in San Antonio.
Remember, you do not have to face your accident and injuries alone. We are here to help you during your time of need. Let our attorneys deal with the insurers and your claim so you can focus on what’s really important: getting better.
Our San Antonio Personal Injury Law Offices
- Phone number: 210-941-2191 (attorneys available 24/7 to assist you)
- Address: 5710 W Hausman Rd, Suite 108, San Antonio, Texas 78249