Two Dead in Three-Vehicle Crash in Travis County
Two people were killed Sunday afternoon as a result of a three-vehicle cash in eastern Travis County.
About the Travis County Crash
KVUE reports the crash occurred on State Highway 130 just north of FM 969 at around 1:00 pm.
Two adults were pronounced dead at the scene after both were pinned in their vehicles. A third person was uninjured.
Police suspect a black Chevrolet Suburban was traveling southbound on SH-130 when it crossed into the northbound lanes and struck a Ford pickup truck. A third vehicle, a Chevrolet Malibu, was involved in a subsequent collision.
An adult in the Suburban and an adult in the pickup were killed in the crash.
It is still unclear why the Suburban crossed over the median and into oncoming traffic.
Common Injuries Suffered in Car Accidents
There are a number of forces your body faces when you are involved in a crash. From blunt trauma to sudden muscle strains, the human body faces a high potential for serious injuries. At Thomas J. Henry Law, we want to make sure you are compensated for all of the injuries you suffer.
Some injuries commonly suffered by our car accident clients include:
- Whiplash – Whiplash occurs when your body moves and/or stops suddenly, faster than you would on your own. This can strain ligaments and tendons in the neck, causing severe pain and injury without actually breaking bones.
- Cuts and scrapes – From broken glass to items in the car that suddenly become projectiles, there is a high risk of cuts and scrapes in a car crash. Depending on the severity of these cuts, you may require stitches or other medical treatment. Some can even result in scarring and disfigurement.
- Traumatic brain injuries – Trauma to the head can injure the brain. TBIs may manifest in the form of a concussion, but people can suffer TBIs without clear immediate symptoms. This is one reason why it is so important you get medical attention after a crash.
- Broken bones – Broken bones, especially broken legs, arms, and ribs, are very common in car accidents. Breaks can be painful and can result in long-term mobility issues if they do not heal completely.
- Back and neck injuries – The back and neck are even more fragile than you may think. Due to the complexity of the spine and the muscles that surround it, there is a high potential for injury. Back and neck injuries can cause long-lasting and even permanent pain.
Injured in an Austin Car Crash? Call Thomas J. Henry Law
If you or a loved one was injured in a car crash in Austin, Texas, it is essential that you speak with a qualified injury attorney. You deserve to be compensated for your injuries and the damages you have suffered as a result of that crash. Thomas J. Henry Law can help ensure you receive the full compensation you are entitled to.
Do not wait. Our attorneys are available 24/7, nights and weekends. Call now to speak with an experienced Austin car accident attorney.