Two people are dead and three others are injured following a two-vehicle crash on San Antonio’s West Side.
Details of the San Antonio Collision
According to News 4 SA, the crash occurred on Grissom Road near Timber Path around 11 p.m. Sunday.
Police say a Volkswagen Jetta was traveling at a high rate of speed when it slammed into a pickup that was pulling onto Grissom Road. Both vehicles lost control and rolled over multiple times.
Two male passengers inside the Jetta were pronounced dead at the scene. They were identified as Christopher Matthew Taylor, 24, and Jeremy Alexander Sanchez, 28. The Bexar County Medical Examiner determined they both died of blunt force injuries.
The driver of the Jetta was transported to the hospital in critical condition. The people inside the pickup were also hospitalized with critical injuries.
The accident remains under investigation.
Texas Car Accident Statistics 2018
Information provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- There were 12,161 serious injury crashes in Texas in 2018 with 14,908 people sustaining a serious injury.
- There were 701 people killed in crashes occurring in intersections or related to an intersection.
- There were 548 people killed in head-on crashes in 2018.
- There were no deathless days on Texas roadways in 2018.
- There were 940 people killed in motor vehicle traffic crashes where a driver was under the influence of alcohol. This is 26% of the total number of people killed in motor vehicle traffic crashes.
Speak with a San Antonio Car Accident Lawyer
If you were injured in a car accident in or around San Antonio, contact Thomas J. Henry Law. Our San Antonio car accident attorneys have the experience and resources to handle your claim with the dedication you deserve and are ready to take immediate action on your case.
We are available 24/7 to assist you. Because our firm works on a contingency fee basis, you pay us nothing unless and until we win your claim.