Two Dead, Two Injured in Guadalupe County Crash
Two people were killed and two others were injured in a car crash in Guadalupe County.
Details of the Fatal Guadalupe County Crash
According to KXAN, the fatal crash occurred on May 7 around 8:30 am on State Highway 123 near mile marker 500.
Police say a 2020 Nissan Rogue was traveling southbound on the highway when it veered into oncoming traffic and hit a 2007 Toyota Tundra.
The driver of the Nissan, Christopher Commiato, and a passenger, Crystal Commiato-Martinez, were killed in the crash. Three other occupants of the vehicle were taken to the hospital.
The driver of the Toyota was also injured.
The crash is still under investigation.
What to Do If a Car Is Traveling in the Wrong Direction
Seeing an oncoming vehicle barreling down your lane of traffic can be horrifying; however, it is important to remain as calm as possible and take appropriate evasive action.
- Removed your foot from the accelerator and begin applying the brakes. Do this quickly, but in a controlled manner. Do not slam on the brakes.
- Flash your headlights and blare your horn to catch the oncoming driver’s attention.
- Steer to the right of the oncoming vehicle. You may be tempted to move left into oncoming lanes, but if the oncoming driver corrects course, you will collide head-on.
- Try to steer into a clear area. Look for a clear shoulder or level terrain.
- If necessary, driver off the road. It is better to crash into a ditch than collide with another vehicle head-on.
- Call the police and report the driver. Even if you are able to make it through unscathed, your call to the police could save lives further down the road.
Speak with a San Antonio Injury Attorney
If you or a loved one have been injured in a car crash in or around San Antonio, contact Thomas J. Henry Law.
For more than 25 years, our law firm has helped car accident victims recover fair compensation so they can receive the medical treatment they need. Our attorneys have the experience and resources to help you secure maximum compensation.
Call now to speak with an experienced car accident attorney. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends.