Two Hospitalized After Head-On Collision in Bexar County
A head-on collision in Southeast Bexar County left two people injured Tuesday morning.
Details of the Head-On Crash
According to KSAT, the crash occurred at around 8 am on Loop 1604 near Priest Road.
Early reports say a driver operating a work van or small truck was heading south on Loop 1604 when he crossed into oncoming traffic. The vehicle collided head-on with a compact car.
Both vehicles overturned after the crash, and both drivers had to be extricated from their vehicles.
The two men were transported to University Hospital. The adverse driver suffered a broken area while the driver in the compact car sustained potentially life-threatening injuries.
The accident is under investigation, and it is still unclear why the driver of the van or truck crossed over the centerline. Loop 1604 was temporarily closed in both directions as crews cleared the scene.
What to Do If a Car Is Traveling the Wrong Direction
Seeing an oncoming vehicle barreling down your lane of traffic can be horrifying; however, it is important to remain as calm as possible and take appropriate evasive action.
- Removed your foot from the accelerator and begin applying the brakes. Do this quickly, but in a controlled manner. Do not slam on the brakes.
- Flash your headlights and blare your horn catch the oncoming driver’s attention.
- Steer to the right of the oncoming vehicle. You may be tempted to move left into oncoming lanes, but if the oncoming driver corrects course, you will collide head-on.
- Try to steer into a clear area. Look for a clear shoulder or level terrain.
- If necessary, driver off the road. It is better to crash into a ditch than collide with another vehicle head-on.
- Call the police and report the driver. Even if you are able to make it through unscathed, your call to the police could save lives further down the road.
Injured in a Crash? Contact an Experienced San Antonio Auto Accident Lawyer
Were you injured in a traffic accident in San Antonio or a surrounding area? We have car accident lawyers in San Antonio who are available 24/7 to assist you and provide you with a free legal consultation. Our law firm is among the most respected personal injury firms in San Antonio and is the largest personal injury plaintiff’s firm in Texas. Expertise has named Thomas J. Henry is one of the Best Car Accident Lawyers in San Antonio.
Remember, you do not have to face your accident and injuries alone. We are here to help you during your time of need. Let our attorneys deal with the insurers and your claim so you can focus on what’s really important: getting better.
Our San Antonio Personal Injury Law Offices
- Phone number: 210-941-2191 (attorneys available 24/7 to assist you)
- Address: 5710 W Hausman Rd, Suite 108, San Antonio, Texas 78249