Two people were rushed to the hospital on Tuesday following a four-vehicle crash on Loop 1604 in North San Antonio.
Details of the San Antonio Multi-Car Crash
According to KSAT, the crash occurred around 1 am Tuesday in the westbound lanes of Loop 1604 near Bitters Road.
Police say four vehicles were involved in the crash, though the events the prompted the crash and who was at fault were not immediately clear. They did say speed may have been a factor in the crash.
Two people were taken to the hospital by EMS. It is unclear if other occupants suffered injuries.
The crash remains under investigation.
Texas Car Accident Statistics
The following information was provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- 3,623 people were killed in car crashes in Texas in 2019, marking a .09% decrease from the 3,656 deaths reported in 2018.
- 735 people were killed in crashes that occurred at intersections and 597 people were killed in head-on collisions.
- Another 256,797 people were injured in car crashes in Texas in 2019 with 15,855 people suffering incapacitating injuries.
- Based on reportable crash data from 2019:
- One person was killed in a car crash in Texas every 2 hours 25 minutes
- One person was injured in a car crash every 2 minutes 3 seconds
- A reportable crash occurred every 56 seconds
Speak with an Experienced Car Accident Attorney in San Antonio
If you have been involved in a car accident in San Antonio, call Thomas J. Henry Law now for your free case consultation. Thomas J. Henry Law has represented injured clients throughout Texas for nearly 30 years. We have secured record-breaking results for our clients and built a reputation as a law firm that is willing to fight for injured victims.
Our attorneys are available 24/7, nights and weekends to assist you. If you are unable to travel to one of our offices, we can send an attorney directly to you. Do not wait, call now.