A man and a woman were transported to the hospital after a two-car crash in West Bexar County on Wednesday morning.
About the West Bexar County Crash
KSAT reports the crash occurred around 8 am Wednesday on Texas Research Parkway near Highway 90 and Potranco Road. Police say a white sport utility vehicle and a gray truck side-swiped one another before losing control and crashing.
The woman driving the SUV was airlifted to Brooke Army Medical Center. She suffered lacerations and broken bones but was listed in stable condition. The man driving the truck also suffered broken bones and was transported to University Hospital. His condition was not immediately available.
Crews worked for roughly an hour clearing the scene and allowing access into the nearby Briggs Ranch neighborhood.
The accident remains under investigation.
Texas Car Accident Statistics 2018
Information provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- There were 12,161 serious injury crashes in Texas in 2018 with 14,908 people sustaining a serious injury.
- There were 701 people killed in crashes occurring in intersections or related to an intersection.
- There were 548 people killed in head-on crashes in 2018.
- There were no deathless days on Texas roadways in 2018.
- There were 940 people killed in motor vehicle traffic crashes where a driver was under the influence of alcohol. This is 26% of the total number of people killed in motor vehicle traffic crashes.
Injured in a Crash? Contact an Experienced San Antonio Auto Accident Lawyer
Were you injured in a traffic accident in San Antonio or a surrounding area? We have car accident lawyers in San Antonio who are available 24/7 to assist you and provide you with a free legal consultation. Our law firm is among the most respected personal injury firms in San Antonio and is the largest personal injury plaintiff’s firm in Texas. Expertise has named Thomas J. Henry is one of the Best Car Accident Lawyers in San Antonio.
Remember, you do not have to face your accident and injuries alone. We are here to help you during your time of need. Let our attorneys deal with the insurers and your claim so you can focus on what’s really important: getting better.
Our San Antonio Personal Injury Law Offices
- Phone number: 210-941-2191 (attorneys available 24/7 to assist you)
- Address: 5710 W Hausman Rd, Suite 108, San Antonio, Texas 78249