Two Teenagers, Infant Suffer Serious Injuries in San Antonio Drunk Driving Crash
Police are investigating a crash on San Antonio’s Northwest Side that left two teenagers and a 9-month-old with serious injuries over the weekend.
Details of the San Antonio Drunk Driving Crash
KSAT reports the crash occurred around 11:55 pm Friday in the 200 block of Bandera.
According to police, the teens and infant were traveling southeast on Bandera in a 2014 Chevrolet Malibu when a 2003 Honda Pilot traveling in the opposite direction attempted to make a left turn in from of them. The impact caused the Malibu to crash through a chain-link fence and into a tree.
The two teenagers and the infant were rushed to the hospital with serious injuries. The driver of the Honda was evaluated at the scene and determined to be intoxicated. They face three counts of intoxication assault.
The incident remains under investigation.
Texas Drunk Driving Accident Statistics
The following information was provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- 3,773 people were killed in Texas traffic accidents in 2016, marking a 5.45% increase from the 3,578 deaths reported in 2015.
- 638 of the deaths reported in 2016 were attributed to a head-on collision.
- Alcohol was determined to be a factor in 987 traffic deaths, accounting for roughly 26% of all Texas traffic fatalities.
- An additional 264,076 people were injured in auto accidents in Texas in 2016.
- Based on reportable data for 2016, TxDOT estimates:
- One person was killed in a traffic accident every 2 hours and 20 minutes.
- One person was injured every 1 minute and 59 seconds.
- A reportable crash occurred every 57 seconds.
Injured in a Druk Driving Accident? Call Thomas J. Henry Law
If you or a loved one has been injured in a drunk driving accident, call Thomas J. Henry Law now for your FREE case review. Our San Antonio car accident lawyers have successfully represented injured victims for more than 25 years. We have the experience and resources to handle your claim effectively and aggressively, putting you in the best position to recover maximum compensation.
Do not risk your financial future. Call Thomas J. Henry Law now.