UPS Truck Involved in Crash on Houston Parkway
An 18-wheeler delivery truck from UPS was at the head of a vehicle collision in Harris County, Texas.
About the Houston Truck Accident
Harris County deputies reported a crash and overturned near West Sam Houston Parkway at the West Gulf Bank Road on Wednesday, December 4. The direct site of the accident was located in the 7200 block of the area.
Fortunately, the driver and any other pedestrians or drivers near the incident remained unharmed.
Authorities were also able to stabilize the situation and get the UPS delivery truck upright and on the road again. All of the westbound lanes were closed off during the time of crash, but authorities swift work allowed roads to be reopened again.
Texas reporter Brett Buffington, for the KHOU News, announced the breaking news mishaps and was grateful to the Harris County team for working so diligently to investigate the scene.
Truck Accident Statistics
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), in 2016:
- 11.5 million large trucks were registered in the United States
- An estimated 433,000 police-reported traffic crashes occurred involving large trucks
- 4,317 people were killed in crashes involving large trucks
- Large trucks accounted for eight percent of all vehicles involved in fatal accidents
- An estimated 116,000 people sustained injuries in crashes involving large trucks
- Of the fatalities that occurred in large truck crashes in 2015, 84 percent were occupants of other vehicles or non-occupants, such as pedestrians or bicyclists
- About one out of every four fatal crashes involving a large truck occurs on an interstate highway
- States with the most fatalities in traffic crashes involving large trucks:
- Texas — 556
- California — 322
- Florida — 293
- Georgia — 179
- Illinois – 146
Injured in a Trucking Accident? Contact Thomas J. Henry
If you or a loved one have suffered a serious injury after being involved in an 18-wheeler accident, contact Thomas J. Henry immediately. Our experienced Houston truck accident attorneys are available to respond to semi-truck accidents at any hour, day or night. Our lawyers understand that the immediate acquisition of evidence is paramount to understanding how the accident occurred. We will take immediate action on your case.
Our firm serves clients across Texas and nationwide. Remember, your choice does matter. Contact us today for a free legal consultation. Attorneys are available 24/7, nights and weekends.