Victim of Fiery Trucking Accident Identified
Police have identified the victim of a fiery crash that occurred on Interstate 37 in San Antonio Thursday night.
Details of the Fatal San Antonio Truck Accident
KSAT reports that truck driver Robert Moore, 53, of San Antonio, was pronounced dead at the scene following a tragic trucking accident in San Antonio.
According to preliminary reports, Moore was driving a tractor-trailer hauling molasses on Interstate 37 when he drifted off the road near the Loop 1604 intersection. Moore’s truck struck a guardrail then a bridge abutment before falling off the overpass onto Loop 1604 below.
The tractor became separated from the trailer and burst into flames.
A Dodge Caravan traveling westbound on Loop 1604 was struck by either the truck or its trailer after it fell from the overpass. The vehicle’s two occupants were transported to Brooke Army Medical Center.
Texas Trucking Accident Statistics
- The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) recorded 438,000 trucking accidents in the U.S. in 2014.
- These accidents result in 3,903 deaths and 111,000 injuries.
- Of those killed in trucking accidents:
- 17 percent were occupants of large trucks
- 73 percent were occupants of other vehicles
- 10 percent were listed as nonoccupants, including bicyclists and pedestrians
- Texas led the nation in trucking accident fatalities with 553 trucking-related deaths reported. California followed Texas with 300 recorded deaths.
Injured in a Truck Accident? Contact an Experienced San Antonio Trucking Accident Attorney
Trucking accidents can cause various types of severe injuries including neck and back injuries, spinal cord injuries, broken bones, lacerations, internal injuries, and even death. These are serious accidents and require the expertise of a serious injury lawyer. If you or a loved one have been involved in a truck accident in San Antonio, do not risk your claim to compensation. Thomas J. Henry Law has experienced truck accident attorneys in San Antonio ready to assist you 24/7, nights and weekends.
Contact us today for a FREE case consultation with a licensed San Antonio truck accident attorney. Let us help you get the compensation you deserve. Attorneys are standing by.
Our San Antonio Personal Injury Law Offices
- Phone number: 210-941-2191 (attorneys available 24/7 to assist you)
- Address: 5710 W Hausman Rd, Suite 108, San Antonio, Texas 78249