A 26-vehicle pileup in Austin, Texas on Thursday morning is being attributed to winter weather. The same morning, a fatal pileup involving 75-100 vehicles was reported in Fort Worth.
About the Austin Pile-Up
According to KSAT, the pileup occurred Monday morning with calls being made to police at around 8:20 am.
Preliminary reports say the accident occurred in the eastbound lanes of the 13000 block of North State Highway 45. The section of the state is an overpass, making it more prone to ice.
Another multi-car crash involving five vehicles was reported near Cesar Chavez and the Mopac Expressway, and a third accident with at least 13 vehicles on State Highway 45.
Drivers are urged to take extra precautions as winter weather continues to move through Texas, especially on overpasses and bridges.
Steps to Take After an Austin Car Accident
Crashes can be disorienting, especially those that may involve multiple collisions like pile-ups. However, there are a few steps that you can take to ensure your safety as well as protect your rights if the accident was not your fault.
- First and foremost, you want to call 911. This is especially true if you or someone else has been injured in the crash.
- If law enforcement responds to the scene, give as many facts about the crash as possible. You will also want to file a crash report as soon as possible.
- Seek medical attention as soon as possible. If you are not transported to the hospital via ambulance, make sure to get checked up in a timely manner even if you do not feel immediate pain. Some injuries can have delayed and hidden symptoms that can worsen over time.
- If possible, take photos of the scene, including your vehicle, other vehicles involved, and any environmental factors that may have contributed to the crash. Only do this if it is safe to do and only from a safe position.
- Find a personal injury lawyer in Austin to give you legal advice.
Contact an Experienced Austin Auto Accident Attorney
Have you or a loved one been injured in a car crash in Austin? Our experienced car accident attorneys in Austin are available 24/7 to take your call and provide you with a free consultation. Thomas J. Henry has a track record of achieving real results for clients suffering from serious and debilitating injuries. Let our team of attorneys help you navigate the legal process while you focus on healing. Call today to speak with an attorney, or fill out the contact form on this page and we will contact you.
Our Austin, Texas Personal Injury Law Offices
- Phone Number: (512) 520-0221 (attorneys available 24/7, nights and weekends)
- Address: 5707 Southwest Pkwy, Suite 125 Building 2, Austin, Texas 78735 (walk-in Monday through Friday)