A woman has been charged with DWI for her role in a crash that killed a scooter driver in Central Austin last week.
Details of the Fatal Austin Drunk Driving Accident
According to CBS Austin, 25-year-old Lee Ann Lafaye Nash was arrested for DWI at the scene of a fatal accident last week.
The crash occurred Saturday, September 18, around 2:50 am on Newfield Lane, just south of the intersection of MoPac and Enfield Road. Police say Nash was driving a white Chevrolet northbound on Newfield Lane when she struck a scooter rider who was traveling southbound in the same lane.
The scooter rider who was not identified was pronounced dead at the scene.
Anyone with information regarding the crash should contact APD’s Highway Investigation Tip Lane at 512-974-8111.
Texas Drunk Driving Accident Statistics
The following information was provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- 3,773 people were killed in Texas traffic accidents in 2016, marking a 5.45% increase from the 3,578 deaths reported in 2015.
- 638 of the deaths reported in 2016 were attributed to a head-on collision.
- Alcohol was determined to be a factor in 987 traffic deaths, accounting for roughly 26% of all Texas traffic fatalities.
- An additional 264,076 people were injured in auto accidents in Texas in 2016.
- Based on reportable data for 2016, TxDOT estimates:
- One person was killed in a traffic accident every 2 hours and 20 minutes.
- One person was injured every 1 minute and 59 seconds.
- A reportable crash occurred every 57 seconds.
Injured in a Drunk Driving Accident? Call Thomas J. Henry Law
If you or a loved one has been injured in a drunk driving accident, call Thomas J. Henry Law. Our attorneys have represented clients across Texas in car accidents and drunk driving accidents. Our Austin drunk driving accident lawyers can help you recover maximum compensation for your injuries.
Our Austin, Texas Personal Injury Law Offices
- Phone Number: (512) 520-0221 (attorneys available 24/7, nights and weekends)
- Address:4401 West Gate Blvd Suite 200, Austin, TX 78745 (walk-in Monday through Friday)