Woman Hospitalized in Suspected Drunk Driving Crash
A woman is hospitalized following a suspected drunk driving crash at a San Antonio intersection.
Details of the San Antonio Crash
According to KSAT, the crash occurred around 8:25 pm Friday at the intersection of Amires Place and NW 38th Street.
Police said the injured woman was a passenger in a 2010 Lincoln MKZ that was traveling westbound on Amires when it was struck on its passenger side by a 2011 GMC Sierra that was traveling southbound on NW 38th street.
Police suspect the driver GMC was intoxicated when the accident occurred and deduced that they had run a stop sign, resulting in the accident. The driver is charged with intoxicated assault.
The injured woman is currently listed in stable condition.
Texas Drunk Driving Accident Statistics
The following information was provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- 3,773 people were killed in Texas traffic accidents in 2016, marking a 5.45% increase from the 3,578 deaths reported in 2015.
- 638 of the deaths reported in 2016 were attributed to a head-on collision.
- Alcohol was determined to be a factor in 987 traffic deaths, accounting for roughly 26% of all Texas traffic fatalities.
- An additional 264,076 people were injured in auto accidents in Texas in 2016.
- Based on reportable data for 2016, TxDOT estimates:
- One person was killed in a traffic accident every 2 hours and 20 minutes.
- One person was injured every 1 minute and 59 seconds.
- A reportable crash occurred every 57 seconds.
Injured in a Crash? Contact an Experienced San Antonio Auto Accident Lawyer
Were you injured in a traffic accident in San Antonio or a surrounding area? Our San Antonio auto accident lawyers are available 24/7 to assist you and provide you with a free legal consultation. Contact Thomas J. Henry Law today for more information about the services we provide to clients in San Antonio, Texas.
Remember, you do not have to face your accident and injuries alone. We are here to help you during your time of need. This includes help with medical appointments, transportation, and cash advancements on qualified cases. Let our attorneys deal with the insurers and your claim so you can focus on what’s really important: getting better.
Our San Antonio Personal Injury Law Offices
- Phone number: 210-941-2191 (attorneys available 24/7 to assist you)
- Address: 5710 W Hausman Rd, Suite 108, San Antonio, Texas 78249