A woman has been hospitalized in critical condition after a crash on Loop 410 in San Antonio Wednesday night.
Details of the Fatal San Antonio Car Accident
KSAT reports the crash occurred around 11:45 pm on Loop 410 near the Wonderland of the Americas.
Police say the woman, 27, was driving a red 2005 Toyota Rav 4 on the highway when her vehicle stalled. The woman’s vehicle was then struck by a 2016 Toyota Tundra.
Early reports suggest the Tundra was traveling behind a third vehicle that was able to avoid the Rav 4.
The woman was not wearing a seatbelt when the crash. She was taken by EMS to University Hospital with critical injuries.
The crash remains under investigation.
2020 Texas Traffic Accident Statistics
Despite the pandemic and reduced traffic, 2020 still proved to be a deadly year for Texas drivers. According to the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- 3,896 people were killed in car crashes in Texas in 2020. A 7.54% increase from 2019.
- The fatality rate on Texas roadways increased a staggering 18.94% from 2019 to 2020
- 538 of those deaths were the result of head-on collisions.
- 865 people were killed in crashes that occurred at or near intersections.
- An additional 205,489 people were injured in traffic crashes in Texas in 2020 with 14,656 people suffering incapacitating injuries.
- Based on reportable data for 2020, TxDOT determined:
- One person was killed in a car crash in Texas every 2 hours and 15 minutes.
- A person was injured in a crash every 2 minutes and 34 seconds.
- A reportable crash occurred every 1 minute 7 seconds.
Speak with an Experienced Car Accident Attorney
If you have been injured in a car crash in or around San Antonio, speak with an attorney at Thomas J. Henry Law.
For nearly 30 years, Thomas J. Henry Law has dedicated itself to helping injured clients recover financial compensation. Compensation that can help with medical bills, lost income, and emotional distress. We have become known for our ability to obtain meaningful results while treating our clients with the compassion they deserve.
Do not wait. Call now.