Corpus Christi Truck Accident Lawyers
Trucking Accident Attorneys Serving Injured Clients in Corpus Christi and Surrounding Communities for 25 Years
If you have been injured in a semi-truck accident, it is important to act fast and find an experienced Corpus Christi trucking accident attorney to evaluate your case. Preserving evidence from the semi-truck and the scene of the crash can be crucial to the success of your case.
According to the Texas Department of Transportation, in Nueces County, including Corpus Christi, there were 388 accidents involving commercial motor vehicles in 2017 alone. Approximately 140 injuries and five deaths resulted from these wrecks. The nature of trucking accidents oftentimes results in serious injuries, including head and back injuries.
Contact Us for a Free Case Review
Common Causes of Corpus Christi 18-Wheeler Accidents
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), the vast majority of fatal accidents involving semi-trucks occur between 6 AM and 6 PM during the week. Roads are busiest during these times, especially on Corpus Christi roadways such as SPID, Crosstown Expressway, and Interstate 37.
With roadways congested with other drivers, any of the following actions from a large truck can lead to a serious crash:
- Distracted driving, including talking on the phone or texting
- Drowsy driving
- Dangerous lane changes and turns
- Improper following distance
- Failure to maintain vehicle
Trucking accidents in Corpus Christi occur not only on major roadways but also at downtown intersection, side streets, and rural areas. Our Corpus Christi trucking accident attorneys will investigate your case, find the cause of the wreck, and hold the driver and the company responsible for their negligence.
Steps to Take After a Corpus Christi Truck Accident
Follow these steps after a trucking accident to protect your well-being and your potential personal injury case:
- Stop your vehicle and check yourself and passengers for injuries
- Call 911 immediately, and be sure a paramedic is sent if there are people hurt
- Seek medical attention as soon as possible if you are injured
- File a police report and include specific details about the truck wreck
- If possible, collect contact information and insurance information from the other driver
- Take photos of your vehicle, the truck involved in the crash, and the surrounding scene
- Call your insurance company and notify them of the wreck
- Do not speak to other insurance companies or insurance adjusters!
- Contact a Corpus Christi trucking accident attorney
Above all, take care of you and your family’s health and well-being first. Once you are safe, it is important to act fast in retaining an attorney. Our Corpus Christi semi-truck accident lawyers will obtain evidence from the crash, provide you with sound advice, and make sure that you are comfortable throughout the legal process.
File or Request a Crash Report
For more information on filing a crash report with the Corpus Christi Police Department, visit their website here. If you have been hurt in a Corpus Christi trucking accident and are seeking legal representation, call Thomas J. Henry. Our attorneys are available 24/7, nights and weekends to evaluate your semi-truck accident case and help you with the legal process.
Contact an Experienced Corpus Christi 18-Wheeler Accident Lawyer
If you or a loved one have been involved in a truck accident in Corpus Christi, you need a law firm with experience and resources. Thomas J. Henry has been handling complex commercial vehicle cases for more than 25 years, achieving record-breaking verdicts and settlements for injured clients and helping them get back on their feet after a serious crash.
Contact us today and speak with an attorney for a FREE case consultation. You can call us, fill out a contact form on this page, or start a live chat to speak with a lawyer. We’re available 24/7 to assist you and your family.
Our Corpus Christi Personal Injury Law Offices
- Phone number:361-254-7873 (attorneys available 24/7 to assist you)
- Address: 521 Starr Street, Corpus Christi, Texas 78401 (walk-in Monday through Friday)