Attorney Manager at Thomas J. Henry Law's San Antonio Office
Mr. Travis E. Venable has nearly sixteen years of experience practicing law.
Mr. Venable has consistently demonstrated his ability to handle complex cases, negotiate high value settlements, and successfully represent his clients’ interests at trial. He is licensed to practice law in the state of Texas as well as the state of Tennessee.
Mr. Venable’s career as an attorney began in 2003, and since then his practice has been focused in the fields of civil and business litigation. As such, he has extensive trial and case experience in all aspects of civil and business litigation, with the majority of his practice focused on the representation of plaintiffs. He has represented large corporations, along with mid-level companies, in commercial and business litigation, and uses that knowledge and experience for the benefit of his clientele.
Through his winning combination of innovation, leadership, and strategic negotiation, Mr. Venable has won the professional recognition of his peers. He was selected as a Rising Star by Texas Super Lawyers (a Thompson Reuters service) every year from 2012 to 2017 and was also recognized as a Rising Star in the San Antonio legal profession by S.A. Scene Magazine in 2012. By 2018, S.A. Scene Magazine had named Mr. Venable one of the Best Lawyers of San Antonio. In 2019, Mr. Venable was named one of The National Trial Lawyers’ Top 40 Under 40 for attorneys practicing civil plaintiff’s law in state of Texas, and he was recognized as a Top 100 High States Litigator in Southern Texas by America’s Top 100, LLC. Mr. Venable is also a member of Lawyers of Distinction.
“Travis Venable is one of the finest trial lawyers in this part of the country.” City View Magazine’s, Power Attorneys section, Pub. Aug. 2008.
Since joining Thomas J. Henry in 2013, Mr. Venable has been a part of a group of attorneys dedicated to the success of their clients’ cases, and to achieving results for their clients. This dedication has resulted in significant verdicts and settlements.
- Automobile Accidents
- Company Vehicle Accidents
- Premises Liability
- Trucking Accidents
- Workplace Accidents
- State Bar of Texas
- State Bar of Tennessee
- United States District Court for the Western District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Tennessee
- United States District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Western District of Oklahoma
- Appalachian School of Law, Grundey, Virginia (J.D.)
- Book Award, Trial Advocacy: Highest G.P.A. in Trial Advocacy class
- 2003 Trial Advocate Award – Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- American Bar Association and Law Student Representative for the Appalachian School of Law
- Recipient of Two Bronze Key Awards
- Editor and Contributing Writer for IPSI DIXIT
- East Tennessee State University, Johnson City, Tennessee (B.S.S.)
- Associate Justice of the Year
- Vice President of the Pi Sigma Honor Society
- Dean Award for Student Leadership
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
- National Trial Lawyers – Top 40 Under 40, Texas, Civil Plaintiff (2019)
- America’s Top 100 LLC – America’s Top 100 High Stakes Litigators, South Texas (2019)
- Lawyers of Distinction – Member
- S.A. Scene Magazine – Best Lawyers of San Antonio (2018)
At Thomas J. Henry, our guiding principle is to provide our clients with the best legal representation possible for their personal injury case. Our 200+ attorneys fight diligently for their injured clients every day, striving to achieve the compensation they deserve. We greatly value our clients’ feedback — see what Travis Venable’s clients had to say about their experience.
Mr. Travis E. Venable was very helpful and understanding — Michael Perez
They are really great attorneys and very pleased with them, Travis Venable and staff. And I am very Happy. — Shante Martin
Being involved in a car accident that results in a serious injury is a very challenging experience. When I had the misfortune of finding myself in this exact situation, I asked people I trusted for advice on finding an attorney and it was clear I needed to go with the Thomas J. Henry Law Firm. Working with their staff and attorneys at the University Heights office removed all the legal worries and allowed me to focus on my health. As we closed my case, I walked away feeling better physically and very satisfied with the results of my case. Thank you so much, especially to Mr. Venable and Mrs. McClain, for all of your hard work and professionalism!!! Anyone reading this would be well advised to pay them a visit if you ever need representation. — M. Peral
Before I came to Thomas J Henry, I went to 3 other attorneys. All of them said there is nothing they can do. I reached out to TJH firm and they said no problem. I am completely satisfied and I suggest anyone to call them to go further. You will not be upset. I dealt with Mr. Venable and he is straight forward which means you are not guessing at what is going on and today I am in no pain and completely happy. 10 stars…… — Fredrick Miller
I really appreciate the hard work these lawyers did for me taking the time to help me not only over come my accident but also be able to settle everything in the most possible easy way I wanna thank,Travis, kimberly, Drew, and kiara for helping me thru this case — Genevie Vigil
I am very pleased with the outcome of the case, especially the job that Mr. Venable and Mrs. McClain have done and I would recommend to many people the services of this law firm. — Joel Martinez
I am very appreciative for the utmost care, proffessionalism, and understanding in the handling of my case by Travis Venable, Xavier Guerra, and Kiara McClain. Thank you with all my heart. God bless you all. — Elena Martinez