Attorney Manager at Thomas J. Henry Law's Corpus Christi Office
Mr. Travis E. Venable has nearly sixteen years of experience practicing law.
Mr. Venable has consistently demonstrated his ability to handle complex cases, negotiate high value settlements, and successfully represent his clients’ interests at trial. He is licensed to practice law in the state of Texas as well as the state of Tennessee.
Mr. Venable’s career as an attorney began in 2003, and since then his practice has been focused in the fields of civil and business litigation. As such, he has extensive trial and case experience in all aspects of civil and business litigation, with the majority of his practice focused on the representation of plaintiffs. He has represented large corporations, along with mid-level companies, in commercial and business litigation, and uses that knowledge and experience for the benefit of his clientele.
Through his winning combination of innovation, leadership, and strategic negotiation, Mr. Venable has won the professional recognition of his peers. He was selected as a Rising Star by Texas Super Lawyers (a Thompson Reuters service) every year from 2012 to 2017 and was also recognized as a Rising Star in the San Antonio legal profession by S.A. Scene Magazine in 2012. By 2018, S.A. Scene Magazine had named Mr. Venable one of the Best Lawyers of San Antonio. In 2019, Mr. Venable was named one of The National Trial Lawyers’ Top 40 Under 40 for attorneys practicing civil plaintiff’s law in state of Texas, and he was recognized as a Top 100 High States Litigator in Southern Texas by America’s Top 100, LLC. Mr. Venable is also a member of Lawyers of Distinction.
“Travis Venable is one of the finest trial lawyers in this part of the country.” City View Magazine’s, Power Attorneys section, Pub. Aug. 2008.
Since joining Thomas J. Henry in 2013, Mr. Venable has been a part of a group of attorneys dedicated to the success of their clients’ cases, and to achieving results for their clients. This dedication has resulted in significant verdicts and settlements.
- Automobile Accidents
- Company Vehicle Accidents
- Premises Liability
- Trucking Accidents
- Workplace Accidents
- State Bar of Texas
- State Bar of Tennessee
- United States District Court for the Western District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Tennessee
- United States District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Western District of Oklahoma
- Appalachian School of Law, Grundey, Virginia (J.D.)
- Book Award, Trial Advocacy: Highest G.P.A. in Trial Advocacy class
- 2003 Trial Advocate Award – Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- American Bar Association and Law Student Representative for the Appalachian School of Law
- Recipient of Two Bronze Key Awards
- Editor and Contributing Writer for IPSI DIXIT
- East Tennessee State University, Johnson City, Tennessee (B.S.S.)
- Associate Justice of the Year
- Vice President of the Pi Sigma Honor Society
- Dean Award for Student Leadership
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
- National Trial Lawyers – Top 40 Under 40, Texas, Civil Plaintiff (2019)
- America’s Top 100 LLC – America’s Top 100 High Stakes Litigators, South Texas (2019)
- Lawyers of Distinction – Member
- S.A. Scene Magazine – Best Lawyers of San Antonio (2018)